Problems with IE 5.5 and Proxomitron Naoko 4.4

Gaikokujin Kyofusho

May 19, 2003, 2:16:11 AM5/19/03
Hi, I tried to set up Proxomitron with IE 5.5 i set it up (went
through the trouble shooting parts, didn?t solve the problem) but IE
seems to just bypass it completely, and instead works like there is no
proxy. I set up netscape and opera with it and they work with it no
problem but IE. Is anyone else having similar problems? Any help or a
point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

-Gaiko

Bebop & Rocksteady

May 19, 2003, 2:33:07 AM5/19/03

have tried 5.5 but works brilliantly with IE6,
I use it as a proxy server on our server

and then I use a AVant overlay of IE with its built in popup stopper

Without knowing all your settings of your system can be a bit hard to tell
But you do need to check the proxy settings

Tools > Internet Options > Connections

LAN Settings > Advanced
http 127.0.0.1 8080
ftp 127.0.0.1 8080

The above should work if on it is installed on locally
If on a network change the IP address to your server address

Quantum Illusions: http://quantum.co-inc.net
Pegasus Mail Support Site: http://pegasus252.tripod.com
Freeware Site: http://www.freeware.co-inc.com

If you truely want to contact me click the link
http://dale_forsyth.tripod.com/email.htm