LITTLE BLUE NEWS 1-3 April 8, 2006

bwendo

Apr 18, 2006, 5:53:14 PM4/18/06
to free-penguin.org
LITTLE BLUE NEWS
1-3 April 8, 2006

GAMES
Lycos has something called Poke the penguin which is technically a
game
and appears to have been spread out all over net. It's a short bit of

fun
and the penguin wins.
http://www2.gamesville.lycos.com/html_poke/poke_penguin.swf

WEBPAGES
The Pretty Penguin: The intro to the site is worth the price of
admission
even tho I can't seem to track down the owner.
ttp://www.theprettypenguin.com/
PS There's a nice surprise when you leave.

IMAGES
Origami Penguin - no directions or I don't think so. It's all
japanese to
me.
http://origamist.sakura.ne.jp/menu/animal3/penguin.html

VIDEOS, ANIMATIONS AND SUCH
Youtube is one of those proliferating sources of videos posted by
the
makers and others. The search reveals 758 videos including a good share

of
the predictable but some gems. Examples:
Pengo - a short japanese commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OfHldQgXgM
Pengs - an old personal favorite I've found elsewhere before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBzF8pXSnx0
Pete the penguin: episode 1. A day in the life of pete - a short
sweet
start to a series of professionlally produced videos from Australia.
Not the
same pete that seems to be everywhere else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huNqpsH4p3Y

Happy Feet You tube led me to this year's big budget follow up to
March
and Madagascar. It's coming out in November. I hope its as good as
the
trailers.
http://www2.warnerbros.com/happyfeet/

REAL STUFF - NEWS
Penguins 1 - Dinosaurs 0

COMMERCIAL - PRODUCTS
US penguin stamps. Zazzle is one of those places that puts penguin
and
other images on most everything. But they're the first that puts them

on
legal united states postage stamps. 60 penguin stamps available.
http://www.zazzle.com/pd/find/pt-172/qs-penguin
Or design your own: http://www.zazzle.com/products/stamps.asp
WEB RESOURCES
Penguin Ecards - a small selection of free cards from Australia with

really cute penguin star.
http://www.icedudes.com/

QUOTES

SUI GENERIS
Albino Blacksheep is calls itself a website for the most talented
and
hardest working digital artists'. See how one of their artists
'penguinizes'
phone messages: Check #2 with the intro first:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/penguincalls2
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/penguincalls

MUSIC
The Penguin Song from web site by "The Cheap Imitation" . My kind of

silly short song - Last year I emailed the singer his first fan mail.
Feel
free to follow my lead if you like it.
http://wiki.hypertwins.org/index.php/The_Cheap_Imitation