RE: [rvalug: 60] PXE Boot Ninjas?

1 view

Jamie A. Stapleton

Sep 27, 2010, 12:20:45 PM9/27/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com, Jamie Duncan
I am cross posting to FredLUG since that is where the Cobbler Ninjas are. ;-)

Sep 27, 2010, 6:16:56 PM9/27/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com, Jamie Duncan
Jamie,

I usually delete the xen kernels if cobbler imports them since I will probably never use them again.

Can you check your SElinux permissions on the tftp/images/centos5.5-xen-x86_64/ directory?  Make sure it is similar to:
-rw-r--r--. root root system_u:object_r:public_content_rw_t:s0 vmlinuz

R/
Ted

Peter Larsen

Sep 28, 2010, 11:19:36 AM9/28/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com, Jamie Duncan
Looks like a firewall problem. Remember, tftp is UDP based. Not TCP. So
make sure you have port 69/udp open on the server where you're running
PXE (dnsmasq for instance).

I've noticed that one some of my installs of cobbler it got the 67,68,69
ports wrong usually blocking PXE not TFTP. But give it a try. Turn off
the firewall to make an easy test. If that works, you know where to
look.

--
Best Regards
Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:
Sorry. I just realized this sentance makes no sense :)
-- Ian Main