Informal Meet-Up Thursday, 2010.09.30

Mark Walker

Sep 20, 2010, 8:09:42 PM9/20/10
to FredLUG
Our creative meeting-time thoughts are flowing freely this evening.
We are planning an informal gathering on Thursday the 30th at Capital
Ale House downstairs at 7PM. This is not a "regular" FredLUG meeting;
just a bunch of us getting together to unwind and socialize.

Some of us are going to be there. Come join us!

Mark

Chris O'Donnell

Sep 20, 2010, 10:24:44 PM9/20/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
Cool - I believe I can make it.

Chris

Paul W. Frields

Sep 21, 2010, 4:39:45 PM9/21/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
That's purposely the Thursday *after* our InstallFest, right? Just
making sure, I have no qualms with the time. ;-)

Chris O'Donnell

Sep 21, 2010, 4:47:44 PM9/21/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
Ah, crap. I thought it was this Thursday. Anybody want to get a beer this Thursday? On the 30th I'll be in town at DC Ignite.

Chris

Paul W. Frields

Sep 21, 2010, 6:13:28 PM9/21/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
Comedy ensues. I just checked my calendar and the 30th is "curriculum
night" at school meaning either my wife is there while I watch the
kids, or I'm there -- meaning I'm busy either way. This Thursday I
might be able to pull off.

Paul

Ted Brunell

Sep 21, 2010, 8:27:19 PM9/21/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com

I was looking at the calendar again (not sure how I missed it last night) and I am leaving for a trip on the 30th.  This Thursday would be better, or any day up to Wednesday next week.

R/
Ted

Mark Walker

Sep 21, 2010, 9:05:34 PM9/21/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com

Perhaps this Thursday might work better for several people. I
personally might not be able to do this Thursday myself, but we never
expected that everyone would be at every one of our gatherings. So I'd
say meet when we can; this Thursday and/or next Thursday.

Who knows, we might have the beginnings of a "tradition."

Mark

On 9/21/10 8:27 PM, Ted Brunell wrote:
> I was looking at the calendar again (not sure how I missed it last
> night) and I am leaving for a trip on the 30th. This Thursday would be
> better, or any day up to Wednesday next week.
>
> R/
> Ted
>
>> Comedy ensues. I just checked my calendar and the 30th is "curriculum
>> night" at school meaning either my wife is there while I watch the
>> kids, or I'm there -- meaning I'm busy either way. This Thursday I
>> might be able to pull off.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 04:47:44PM -0400, Chris O'Donnell wrote:
>>> Ah, crap. I thought it was this Thursday. Anybody want to get a beer this
>>> Thursday? On the 30th I'll be in town at DC Ignite.

> Capital
> meeting;

- --

Mark Caldwell Walker
Contact info at marwalk.tel
GnuPG public key AA482E46

Chris O'Donnell

Sep 22, 2010, 8:00:57 PM9/22/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
So what's the decision here? Beers at 18:00 tomorrow?

Chris

Ted Brunell

Sep 22, 2010, 9:05:21 PM9/22/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
I might be able to make it.  Anyone else?

R/
Ted

Paul W. Frields

Sep 23, 2010, 9:21:54 AM9/23/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
I fully endorse this as a new tradition. :-) Normally I don't have
anything to keep me from a Thursday night get together. That being
said, I goofed and didn't see my wife had something on her calendar
for tonight, so I'm out this time specifically.

Paul

> > Chris

Ted Brunell

Sep 23, 2010, 5:45:03 PM9/23/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't look like I will be able to make it tonight - long day at work.  Hopefully I will be able to make it though in the upcoming weeks.

R/
Ted