SFD 2010 Final Check-list

Mark Walker

Sep 15, 2010, 8:48:59 PM9/15/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com

Getting down to the wire, everyone! Are you pumped up, and ready to go?

We're probably at the point where everything that's going to get done
has been done. Time to take inventory of what we have and ensure
nothing critical is missing. The list on our planning page at
http://groups.google.com/group/fredlug/web/software-freedom-day-2010
has what I think are our critical items for the day itself. Those are:

~> People to sign up to staff the table. Why this matters is: If there
is a time period where too few people have indicated they'd be there, we
could see who could shift their time there.

~> So far, Paul, Chris, and Mark (me) have indicated they'd bring a
laptop running a Linux distro.

~> Paul will bring Fedora CDs, and I have the Ubuntu ones from Software
Freedom International (SFI).

~> Paul will bring an extension cord (although our friends at Colonial
Cupcakes might provide one of their own).

~> Ted will bring this year's version of sfd2010-one-sheet.odt; wouldn't
hurt if everyone printed some copies of it and contributed to our supply.

~> Mark (me), and probably some others, will bring a few power strips.

~> Gabriel has provided a tall spindle of Open Disc DVDs, which I have
received from him.

~> Paul will bring one (1) 6ft table and two (2) portable chairs, and
Mark (me) will bring three (3) portable chairs.

~> Other items that are on the planning page include:
~~> Mark (me) will bring an MP3 player and speakers to play Creative
Commons licensed music
~~> Chris will bring a looped presentation on one of the laptops
highlighting FredLUG and FOSS
~~> Annie will bring copies of the FOSS software list sheet; wouldn't
hurt if everyone printed some copies of this too and contributed to our
supply.

Question: All named persons above, are you good to go for your items?
If not, please say so now, to let us see about covering it.

Get ready for another awesome SFD!

Mark

- --

Mark Caldwell Walker
Contact info at marwalk.tel
GnuPG public key AA482E46

Annie Walker

Sep 15, 2010, 8:53:17 PM9/15/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
How many copies should I print out?

Mark Walker

Sep 15, 2010, 9:00:00 PM9/15/10
to FredLUG
Can you do 25-50? I can print some too. This will be naturally
complementary to the Open Disc, as it addresses the same concept.

By the way, for anyone's reference this is in the Files area at
http://fredlug.googlegroups.com/web/osalt_reference.pdf

On Sep 15, 8:53 pm, Annie Walker <anniewa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How many copies should I print out?
>
> > Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

Ted Brunell

Sep 15, 2010, 9:10:47 PM9/15/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

What are the hours for the 25th.  I am planning on staying at Colonial Cupcakes for the majority of the day.

Do we need the switch and cables for the 18th or just the 25th?

I am burning 100 copies of the OpenDisc but am still working on printing the SFD one-sheet brochure.  I am not sure how many I will have - at least 100.

R/
Ted

Mark Walker

Sep 15, 2010, 9:42:20 PM9/15/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com

Ted, for the 25th it would be for our regular meeting hours of 9AM to
11AM. We were always talking in terms of doing the install fest at our
regular meeting, which conveniently followed the week after SFD this
year. If we think we might go longer than that, and we might, it would
be worth checking to see if we could have extended hours that day. I
have space in the Library on the 18th for "all day," but that was as a
fallback.

For the 18th, it looks like Colonial Cupcakes operates from 10AM to 7PM
on Saturdays. That's about an hour later than the opening time for the
Library. So I'd say plan on starting to set up around 9AM in front. We
can operate of laptop batteries until power is available. I think we
could put the switch and cables to work on the 18th as well, even though
(we hope) there will be a lot of use for them on the 25th.

For the OpenDisc CDs, that should give us about 200 or so. If the
street is a populated as we hope, they could all be gone. I'll have a
short spindle of DVDs to burn anything more we might need to, for people
who are willing and able to wait.

I don't think it would hurt if several people helped with printing
copies of the brochure and FOSS apps list.

Saw your planning page updates; looks good :-)

I think we're in danger of a plan coming together!

Mark

- --

Groups "FredLUG" group.

<mailto:fre...@googlegroups.com>.

fredlug+u...@googlegroups.com

<mailto:fredlug%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/fredlug?hl=en.

> --

- --

Mark Caldwell Walker
Contact info at marwalk.tel
GnuPG public key AA482E46

Paul Frields

Sep 15, 2010, 10:55:31 PM9/15/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
I'm good to bring all my stuff -- including the table. (Sorry, working
way through email backlog slowly)

Paul

Peter Larsen

Sep 16, 2010, 11:10:44 AM9/16/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 20:48 -0400, Mark Walker wrote:
> Question: All named persons above, are you good to go for your items?
> If not, please say so now, to let us see about covering it.

Great list and I've updated with what I can bring. OpenDisc is listed
for the 25th only? I'm going to bring them for the 18th - I wasn't aware
that we were doing OpenDisc stuff on the 25th?

--
Best Regards
Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:
"But I don't like Spam!!!!"

Peter Larsen

Sep 16, 2010, 11:11:24 AM9/16/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 22:55 -0400, Paul Frields wrote:
> I'm good to bring all my stuff -- including the table. (Sorry, working
> way through email backlog slowly)

I'll bring a table too and a few folding chairs. Worst case they'll just
stay in the car.

--
Best Regards
Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:

The other day I... uh, no, that wasn't me.
-- Steven Wright

Mark Walker

Sep 16, 2010, 11:55:09 AM9/16/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
I'm bringing the OpenDiscs for the 18th too.

Mark

Paul W. Frields

Sep 17, 2010, 2:17:08 PM9/17/10
to fre...@googlegroups.com
Yup, should be the 18th for OpenDisc. That's where people won't
necessarily be installing Linux, but might like to try free software
on their Windoze machines.

Paul