UMW ECOLOGY CLUB TREE PLANTING

Fredericksburg Green Drinks

Nov 6, 2008, 5:40:19 PM11/6/08
to Fredericksburg Green Drinks
Tree Planting in Fredericksburg!
More info at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=46516145812&ref=mf

Join us to plant 100 trees through Fburg :)
Event Info Host: Ecology Club
Time and Place Date: Saturday, November 15, 2008
Time: 12:45pm - 4:00pm
Location: Maury Park
Street: Corner of Williams St. and Kenmore Ave.
Contact Info Email: lbi...@umw.edu

DescriptionI've received an email from a woman named Anne Little
(540-373-4594) looking for volunteers to help plant 100 trees
throughout the city of Fredericksburg, sponsored by the
Frederickisburg Department of Public Works, The Fredericksburg
Beautification Commission and Tree Fredericksburg.

We will be planting trees in the utility strips (grassy areas between
the sidewalk and street) throughout the city. We are looking for
locations where neighbors will agree to water the trees for a year. We
are also looking for individuals who are interested in planting a tree
in their front year (in the city) that will be watered and thrive and
become a canopy tree. This event is open to all individuals FREE OF
CHARGE.

* Where: Meet at Maury Park (corner of William St. and Kenmore
Avenue...I think it's the one next to the old high school)
* When: 12:45 pm on Sat. Nov. 15, ends at 4 pm
* What to bring: Yourself, clothes you don't mind getting dirty in!
* RSVP: Please contact Lauren Birney by next Wed. Nov. 12 if you would
like to volunteer. (757) 532-5600 or lbi...@umw.edu.

We may decide to all walk down there together, but I'll decide once I
see how many volunteers we're going to have. Thank you and let me know
ASAP if you wanna help out!