[FredGreenDrinks:43] HELP: Vote to Keep Coal out of the Bay!

Lauren Glickman, CCAN

May 5, 2010, 10:30:53 AM5/5/10
to Fredericksburg Green Drinks
Hello-

Most of you know CCAN is working as part of the Wise Energy for
Virginia Coalition to oppose Old Dominion Electric Coop's coal plant
proposal. We've been on the ground near the proposed site for over a
year and have done an amazing job showing our opposition. This summer
we will be working in the various regional cooperatives that have a
HUGE say in whether this plant goes forward. We have an outstanding
candidate running for the regional coop board of the Rappahannock
Electric Cooperative. We've got an amazing c3 election campaign ahead
of us this summer and have also been selected as a potential grantee
from Brighter Planet. http://bit.ly/CCANfund

For those who don't know, Brighter Planet basically hosts a monthly
selection process for grants. Who receives the grant is determined by
which applicant receives the most votes. Each individual can vote up
to 3 times. All you have to do is create an account with Brighter
Planet. I've voted for various projects in the past and never
received any unwanted email. Voting started on Saturday and goes
through May 15th. Please take a minute to vote to help support CCAN's
efforts with this summer project. http://bit.ly/CCANfund

Thanks in advance for your support, my apologies if you've received
this request more than once!

~Lauren

PS- Voting on Brighter Planet takes less than 2 minutes but if you've
never voted before it can be a little tricky.
1. Click link
2. Create a Brighter Planet Account (you receive no unwanted emails)
3. Confirm account by email
4. Vote 3 times! You can vote 3 times for 1 each month.