Posting Summary for Round 366

Allon Oak

Mar 16, 2020, 8:16:41 PM3/16/20
to Fantasy Rules Committee
First off, the two week deadline has passed for this round, and as such only players who still have an authorship cap may continue posting.

Summary of Posts and perceived deadlines:
Edward: 1.5 style points, authorship expires 17 March End Of Day (EOD)
Mark: 0.5 style points, authorship expires 17 March EOD
David: 2.3 style points, authorship expires 20 March EOD
0x44: 1.75 style points, authorship expires 22 March EOD

Aside from the previous post regarding the general layout of the basket, we have recently clarified that the gates exist in the corners and create a line which can be traced in some fashion into the imaginary plain and its plantains (which I assume grow on plantations), beyond which lies a statue in recognition of that king of puns who is ultimately responsible for the land behind his statue and its progressively-obvious double entendres and similar fan service. In the corners of the breadbasket hide the last remnants of an ancient interface once capable of broadcasting messages even as far as the land of Xanth. One can only speculate whether one could renew their power or not and how that might be useful.

I've enjoyed this round and am happy to see it continue!

Christopher MacGown

Mar 17, 2020, 3:01:36 AM3/17/20
to frc-...@googlegroups.com
If it wasn’t clear, my last rule was making a riff on the elm programming language and the elm mail client.

David Nicol

Mar 17, 2020, 8:28:08 AM3/17/20
to Fantasy Rules Committee
I got it, and was contemplating writing something about a mutt encountering one of these elms.

--
"I know Darth Vader's really got you annoyed
 but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed" -- Alfred M. Yankovic

Allon Oak

Mar 17, 2020, 1:53:04 PM3/17/20
to Fantasy Rules Committee
I'm afraid it's been long enough since I programmed hardcore that I was not aware that the language existed.

David Nicol

Mar 17, 2020, 2:50:58 PM3/17/20
to Fantasy Rules Committee
Elm is an interesting creature. It's on one hand a stripped-down Haskell designed for use, not for exploration of CS concepts, on the other hand its deplyment seems limited to writing robust web form handlers. I briefly explored writing a game engine in Elm but couldn't make easy sense of the boundary between Elm data and Javascript data so I put that down.

For me the biggest takeaway from briefly examining Elm was that its designer had thrown out 75% of Haskell (which I have never used) and didn't miss it.