367:1

Allon Oak

Mar 24, 2020, 5:02:24 PM3/24/20
to Fantasy Rules Committee
Frank couldn't understand why his game wasn't a smashing success.  He'd spent hours upon hours on this thing.  He'd stayed up all night for weeks, to the point where he was seeing the creatures from his game when he closed his eyes. He'd even paid someone to do the art for the box. For whatever reason, the gaming companies said console games weren't popular anymore. They said "Arcades are all the rage now. Why didn't you make a cabinet game?" How was he supposed to know that these things would suddenly be popular again after 30 years. Something is really wrong with this world. That's what monsters behind his eyelids said.  Frank was inclined to agree.

Subsequent rules should contain a reversal of a common trend.

Christopher MacGown

Mar 24, 2020, 5:03:41 PM3/24/20
to frc-...@googlegroups.com
VALID, [style points to be awarded based on Wizard crowd-sourcing platform]

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 14:02 Allon Oak <allo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Frank couldn't understand why his game wasn't a smashing success.  He'd spent hours upon hours on this thing.  He'd stayed up all night for weeks, to the point where he was seeing the creatures from his game when he closed his eyes. He'd even paid someone to do the art for the box. For whatever reason, the gaming companies said console games weren't popular anymore. They said "Arcades are all the rage now. Why didn't you make a cabinet game?" How was he supposed to know that these things would suddenly be popular again after 30 years. Something is really wrong with this world. That's what monsters behind his eyelids said.  Frank was inclined to agree.

Subsequent rules should contain a reversal of a common trend.

David Nicol

Mar 24, 2020, 5:08:38 PM3/24/20
to Fantasy Rules Committee

Is everyone here able to use web pages or should the platform be strictly an e-mail API? (20th century questions)

Christopher MacGown

Mar 24, 2020, 5:09:16 PM3/24/20
to frc-...@googlegroups.com
I don’t even know how to use email

David Nicol

Mar 26, 2020, 1:04:51 AM3/26/20
to Fantasy Rules Committee
Please give yourself a name to register with the Stylinator system, and a password a/k/a your "dealio" which is how you will log back in later.

to do:
special menus for judge, wizard, admin

a better "popular style points" metric than just ups minus downs (or not, hey it works) -- the goal is to equitably turn up and down counts into a number -3 to 3 for advising the Yudge

password reset

encrypted passwords

better security than "remember your password"

move more of the game mechanics into this web page

etc etc

there's currently a development artifact of a user named "nopass" who has an empty dealio, feel free to use them if you don't want to be guest.

Each user can only cast one vote, either up or down, on any rule, valid or not.

I've got direct access to the database, so, well, I'm the wizard. I'm behind the curtain. Ignore me.

Thank you