Fray Geek Call for Submissions

fraying

Mar 24, 2008, 7:37:00 PM3/24/08
to Fray
http://fray.com/geek

Geeks aren't Nerds.

We are everywhere: superfans, wonks, philes, heads, enthusiasts of the
sublimely obscure. We are people who care too much about something
others do not really understand. We make the world go 'round. If
you've ever been into something so much your friends wondered about
your sanity, you're a geek, too. And you're invited to join us.

Fray, the quarterly of true stories, is open for submissions. There
are 3 ways to contribute:

1. Artists! We're looking for any visual art (drawing, painting,
photography) on the theme. What does geek look like? Submit and vote
at Pixish! http://pixish.com/assignments/2

2. Writers! We want true personal stories, interviews with notable
geeks, and articles on the theme. ~600 words. To submit, email
ge...@fray.com.

3. Everyone! We're doing a storytelling survey, asking for true
stories from real people. Spare a minute to share yours? Take the Geek
survey! http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pnoHLB-DIkp8V2oC16jLFGQ

THE FINE PRINT: Submissions close in April. All submissions remain the
property of their creators. If your work is chosen for the book, you
still own it, we just ask for the right to publish it in the book and
online. We cannot pay you, but we will send you a bunch of copies of
the book.

Tell a friend!

http://fray.com/geek

Thanks, and see you in the Fray,