Call For Submissions for Issue 2: Geek

fraying

Feb 19, 2008, 3:20:18 PM2/19/08
to Fray
[Firstname] --

Hi there! Fray is now open for submissions for Issue 2! The theme is:

Geek: Stories of People Taking Things Way Too Seriously

"Geek" doesn't just mean "computer nerd". To be a geek about
something is to love it unconditionally - to have it crawl into
that special place in your mind, where it takes up residence,
crowding all the normal things out.

There are many kinds of geeks: superfans, cinephiles, deadheads,
collectors, enthusiasts devoted to the sublimely obscure. This
issue of Fray seeks to illuminate the many faces of geekdom, from
the inside out. What are you a geek about?

We'd love to have you contribute a story or article. We're looking
for:

* True personal stories on the theme.
* Articles exploring some facet of geekdom.
* Interviews with notable geeks of all stripes.
* Original artworks that play with the theme.

Writers: Send your story to ge...@fray.com.

Artists: You can submit here: http://pixish.com/assignments/2
Or you can submit by emailing to ge...@fray.com.

Remember, this theme is a celebration of geekdom, so we don't want
dorky dorks - we want ass-kicking stories of geeks gone wild!

Questions? Ideas? Email ge...@fray.com.

With thanks and hope,

-- Derek

-+-