New in Fray: How I Blew It in the '80s

fraying

Jan 16, 2008, 10:34:39 PM1/16/08
to Fray
Greetings from Fray: http://fray.com

New in Fray:

With some stories, it's my job to eloquently introduce it, putting it
into the proper context, the larger storytelling theme. In this case,
I don't think I could say it better than the author. So here's Bucky:

"If you lived in LA in the '80s, and didn't do ridiculous piles of
coke, you're an asshole. That shit was amazing. Kids today don't know
what the fuck they're doing. Shit now has been stepped on more times
than a welcome mat. Back then the first line of coke made my face go
numb, getting a little on my gums made it hard to talk, and coming
down felt like a heart attack. Maybe rock stars or pro athletes get
shit this good still, but the '80s were the last time that regular
fucks like you and me got pearly clean coke."

   How I Blew It in the '80s
   Story by Bucky Sinister
   http://fray.com/issue1/blewit

Fray Event in San Francisco:

It's this Friday! If you're in town, we hope you can come to The
Booksmith at 7pm.

   http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/394971

Book Update:

It's real! I just got the first copy from the printer in the mail and
it looks amazing. Wanna see?

http://flickr.com/photos/fraying/sets/72157603733511599

Fray depends on your subscriptions to publish. If you haven't
subscribed yet, please do. If you have, tell a friend!

   http://fray.com/subscribe

That's all for this edition of the Fray list. Thanks again for
joining the Fray!

-- Derek

-+-
Fray: The Quarterly of True Stories