New in Fray: Busted in Jena

fraying

Jan 8, 2008, 1:17:06 AM1/8/08
to Fray
Greetings from Fray: http://fray.com

New in Fray:

When a group of black students in Jena, Louisiana, defied
tradition and sat under a "whites only" tree, no one could
have predicted that it would become a national story, that
Reverend Al Sharpton would lead a march through town, or
that Michael David Murphy would quit his job and travel to
Jena to meet, and photograph, the residents.

But that's what happened. His photo essay, published in
issue 1, shows that busted stories aren't always simple.

   Busted in Jena
   Photo Essay by Michael David Murphy
   http://fray.com/issue1/jena/

Fray Event in San Francisco:

Calling true story lovers in the San Francisco Bay Area:
Fray is having the first Busted event at 7pm on Friday 18
January at The Booksmith with readings by Joe Loya, Jack
Boulware, Steve Silberman, Kevin Smokler, and Kate Kotler.
We'll have hot-off-the-presses copies for sale and signing.

   http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/394971/

Book Update:

Fray Issue 1 has been printed and sent off to the bindery.
This step will take about a week, as we've opted for sewn
bindings (like in hardbound books) that really last. Books
will be in the mail to subscribers by the end of the month!

If you haven't subscribed yet, please do!
Fray depends on your subscriptions to publish.

http://fray.com/subscribe/

That's all for this edition of the Fray list.
Thanks again for joining the Fray!

-- Derek

-+-
Fray: The Quarterly of True Stories