How to setup Frank in OSX

ā§Ēā§§āĻŸāĻŋ āĻ­āĻŋāĻ‰
āĻĒā§āĻ°āĻĨāĻŽ āĻ…āĻĒāĻ āĻŋāĻ¤ āĻŽā§‡āĻ¸ā§‡āĻœāĻŸāĻŋāĻ¤ā§‡ āĻšāĻ˛ā§‡ āĻ†āĻ¸ā§āĻ¨

Vinay Marigowda

āĻĒā§œāĻž āĻšā§ŸāĻ¨āĻŋ,
ā§§ā§§ āĻĢā§‡āĻŦ, ā§¨ā§Ļā§§ā§Ŧ, ā§¨:ā§Ģā§¯:ā§Ģā§¯ AMā§§ā§§/ā§¨/ā§§ā§Ŧ
āĻĒā§āĻ°āĻžāĻĒāĻ• Frank
Hi All,

Since i am very new to iOS automation, can any one please help on how to setup Frank in OSX. Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Vinay.M

Taylor, Martin

āĻĒā§œāĻž āĻšā§ŸāĻ¨āĻŋ,
ā§§ā§§ āĻĢā§‡āĻŦ, ā§¨ā§Ļā§§ā§Ŧ, ā§¯:ā§§ā§¨:ā§¨ā§¯ AMā§§ā§§/ā§¨/ā§§ā§Ŧ
āĻĒā§āĻ°āĻžāĻĒāĻ• frank-...@googlegroups.com

Frank is dead. It doesn’t support iOS 9. I would recommend one of the other two top open source solutions: Calabash or Appium. After being forced to give up on Frank, I’ve tried both alternatives. I don’t like Calabash’s Ruby-centric approach, since my tests are all in Robot Framework, and decided to go with Appium. Appium has bindings for Ruby, Python, Java etc and a robotframework-AppiumLibrary project already exists. I would encourage you to take a close look at these.

If, like me, you need an iOS automation solution that allows you to make API calls into your app, Appium doesn’t provide this and Calabash does. However you MUST write your low-level interface in Ruby for Calabash. Later this year I propose to take the app API calling parts of Frank and separate them from the GUI interaction parts that are broken. If I’m successful with this, then I’ll release it as Open Source in a Robot Framework library that can be used in conjunction with AppiumLibrary to fill in this much needed capability that Appium doesn’t support.

Cheers,

Martin

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith.

Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Vinay Marigowda

āĻĒā§œāĻž āĻšā§ŸāĻ¨āĻŋ,
ā§§ā§§ āĻĢā§‡āĻŦ, ā§¨ā§Ļā§§ā§Ŧ, ā§§ā§Ļ:ā§§ā§§:ā§¨ā§§ AMā§§ā§§/ā§¨/ā§§ā§Ŧ
āĻĒā§āĻ°āĻžāĻĒāĻ• frank-...@googlegroups.com

Thank you so much Martin for your valuable info and thanks for your time.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Frank" group.

āĻ¸āĻ•āĻ˛āĻ•ā§‡ āĻ‰āĻ¤ā§āĻ¤āĻ° āĻĻāĻŋāĻ¨
āĻ˛ā§‡āĻ–āĻ•āĻ•ā§‡ āĻ˛āĻŋāĻ–ā§‡ āĻĒāĻžāĻ āĻžāĻ¨
āĻĢāĻ°āĻ“ā§ŸāĻžāĻ°ā§āĻĄ āĻ•āĻ°ā§āĻ¨
0āĻŸāĻŋ āĻ¨āĻ¤ā§āĻ¨ āĻŽā§‡āĻ¸ā§‡āĻœ