Symbiote accessibility label

Hlacos

Mar 13, 2012, 9:43:49 AM3/13/12
to Frank
Hy!

I am a very new user of Frank and Cucumber testing tools.
I written an application that supports localization inside of the
application. So I can go into a Settings view and change my language.
In the application Main view I have a setting button with title
depending on the selected language. I added an accessibilityLabel to
this button: "Settings" independently of the language.
When I start the test, It fails when look for the button marked:
"Settings" because it's text is not "Settings".
In Symbiote I looked this button and the accessibilityLabel depends on
the language.

For examle:
When I choose English language the button text is "Settings", I set
the accessibilityLabel from code to "Settings" and in Symbiote the
accessibilityLabel is "Settings"
But
When I choose German language the button text is "Einstellungen", I
set accessibilityLabel from code to "Settings" and in Symbiote the
accessibilityLabel is "Einstellungen"

In the first case the test succeeded, but in the second case the test
failed.
In the application code I logged the button accessibilityLabel with
NSLog and everything was okay. AccessibilityLabel was "Settings" in
every case.

Which action should I use to select button by the Real
accessibilityLabel?
Or, should I wrote my own actions select button by tags?

Thanks!
László Heiszmann

neosam

Mar 20, 2012, 7:26:12 AM3/20/12
to Frank
Are there any other properties associated with the button to identify
it uniquely?

-Sameer.

Hlacos

Mar 21, 2012, 4:47:09 AM3/21/12
to Frank
I setted all element's tag property uniquely.

Hlacos

Mar 21, 2012, 5:06:49 AM3/21/12
to Frank
But I solved the problem.

I wrote a step: Given I launch the app using "<language>" language
Then I know which language used in current session.
In the step definition I modify the bplist file, used by the
NSUserDefaults class and I launch the app after modification.

In the Examples part of the scenario I defined the supported languages
and the buttons text in all language.

deepti

Apr 30, 2015, 5:27:08 AM4/30/15
to frank-...@googlegroups.com
Could you please let me know in details on how did Examples - Scenario helped to solve this problem?

I am facing a similar issue.

I have localized apps using local strings. I have currently written my feature file in English. And it works perfectly for English version of the app.
But It fails for french app.

Any help for the same will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Deepti