Automate user actions on the settings page.

aba...@groupon.com

Apr 13, 2015, 1:17:36 AM4/13/15
to frank-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am new to using Frank. I am looking to automate the following scenario but not able to figure out how to exactly do this. My app has an enable settings page which allows the user to enable microphone,camera and location settings. The user has to click on the respective button and will then be taken to the system settings page of the iPad where he can turn on the camera,microphone or location access.  Is it possible to automate the user actions on the system settings page?. If so, please kindly let me know how this can be exactly done.

Thanks,
Amruta

Arun

Apr 14, 2015, 3:03:58 PM4/14/15
to frank-...@googlegroups.com
Amruta,

It is not possible for Frank to get to the settings app of the device. Frank runs as a library with your frankified app only, not with other apps in sim. You should probably start looking at mocking it or enabling it on simulator through a CLI, but I am not sure how that can be done either.

Goodluck.