Franca model API's for AIDL (Android IDL)

azzedi...@gmx.com

Dec 5, 2017, 12:23:46 PM12/5/17
to Franca
Hi Team,

Is it easy to add the support for idl android interface (converts AIDL to/from Franca)?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Best Regards.

Azzedine.

Klaus Birken

Dec 5, 2017, 5:44:10 PM12/5/17
to Franca
Hi Azzedine,

probably it is not much effort - but I don't know the detail about AIDL. For Franca IDL to Android IDL, you could either use an EMF representation of AIDL (don't know if there is any) and create a transformation with Xtend. Or, you could just create AIDL text files from Franca models. For transformation from Android IDL to Franca IDL, it's probably most practical to use some AIDL parser and create the fidl text files from it. Can you tell us which direction is most relevant for you? Or maybe both?

Regarding the logical mapping of the concepts: It might be easy to map AIDL operations to/from Franca methods (incl. arguments and data types). But usually building such a mapping might be a challenge if you want to cover all the details. Probably someone knowing both IDLs should do some analysis and specifiy the mapping.

Hope this helps, regards,
Klaus

sangita...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2018, 2:24:49 AM2/4/18
to Franca
Hi Klaus,

I would like to add support for transformation from Franca IDL to Android IDL,but I face problems regarding the logical mapping of concepts. Could you provide more information on the same.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Sangita

Klaus Birken

Feb 7, 2018, 4:27:21 AM2/7/18
to Franca
Hi Sangita,

how about creating a spreadsheet in GoogleDocs and share it? You could start and map Franca IDL concepts to Android IDL, and indicate where you see specific problems. Then we can collaborate on defining the logical mapping.

What do you think?

Regards,
Klaus

Ognjen Boskovic

Aug 17, 2021, 10:57:41 AM8/17/21
to Franca
Hello everyone,

I found this conversation very exciting and would like to ask an additional question. I was wondering if AIDL meta-model exist, and if it does, can I have a look?

Best Regards,
Ognjen

Klaus Birken

Oct 1, 2021, 10:40:37 AM10/1/21