FARACON (ARXML -> FIDL transformation, empty FIDL files and multiple same imports)

Radomir Zlatkovic

Apr 15, 2022, 3:28:18 AMApr 15
to Franca

Hello,

When I used FARACON (ARXML→FIDL) I noticed that a lot of generated FIDL files are empty (files contain only a package, no interface, and no typeCollection).

Also, sometimes the same file is imported multiple times. I changed this in code as well but when I run the tests, only one test org.genivi.faracon.tests.aspects_for_franca_ftyperef.a2f -> IDL1810_Tests.xtend -> userDefinedTypeMethodArguments failed because it expects the same file imported twice.

Are both of these behaviors desired and if not can I commit these small changes?

Thanks

Klaus Birken

May 25, 2022, 6:24:50 AMMay 25
to Franca
Hi,

we recently revisited the FARACON project to add some features, but this activity was restricted mainly to the transformation from FIDL to ARXML. But your contribution is welcome - please provide a pull request against FARACON master.

Regards,
Klaus