Franca User Guide 0.9.2.0

Klaus Birken

Jul 3, 2015, 11:06:26 AM7/3/15
to franca-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Franca User Guide 0.9.2.0 is available on Google Drive [1]. This is a major update from the former User Guide 0.3.0, but it is still work in progress. We decided to publish this version although there are some todos and many open ends, but this update provides a lot more information than the former release, and it also covers the new features from Franca 0.9.x. And in addition, the layout is much nicer :-)

We plan to update the User Guide more frequently in future. Your feedback on this release is appreciated.

Best regards,
Klaus

Sanjay Bharadwaj

Aug 31, 2015, 12:18:15 PM8/31/15
to Franca
Hi Mr. Birken,

Is this the latest User Guide available as of now?

Best Regards,
Sanjay

anton....@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2015, 8:28:14 AM9/2/15
to Franca
In section 5.5.1 is specified that "the name of an interface has to be a single identifier". Whereas in sections 5.8.1 and 5.8.2 there are examples, where interface names consist of several identifiers separated by dots.

gar...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2015, 9:01:26 AM9/3/15
to Franca
Hi there,

why is the user guide not on the first page of the new franca github location?

https://github.com/franca/franca

Any other IDL technology I have used in the past did publish its grammar/syntax documentation at your fingertips.

Cheers,
Anselm

Klaus Birken

Sep 11, 2015, 9:05:57 AM9/11/15
to Franca
Hi Sanjay,

the latest Franca documentation is 0.9.2.0.

Regards,
Klaus

Klaus Birken

Sep 11, 2015, 9:06:53 AM9/11/15
to Franca
Hi Anton,

thanks for pointing this out. The examples are outdated, we will correct this in the documentation.

Regards,
Klaus

Klaus Birken

Sep 11, 2015, 9:16:29 AM9/11/15
to Franca
Hi Anselm,

this seems like a good idea, I will add a link to the user guide pdf the top-level readme file.

Regards,
Klaus

m.david.fe...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2019, 4:17:11 PM8/14/19
to Franca
As of this reply, I see that the version on google drive has been updated to 0.12.0.1, and the copyright date extends to 2018.

Klaus Birken

Aug 14, 2019, 5:49:33 PM8/14/19
to Franca
Hi!

Yes, that's correct.

Regards,
Klaus

Ha Le

Mar 29, 2020, 5:42:05 PM3/29/20
to Franca
Hello,

What is the latest version of the Franca User Guide? Clicking the link of the latest version from https://github.com/franca/franca has been yielding "This site can't be reached" for the last few days.

Thanks.

Klaus Birken

Jul 2, 2020, 7:54:41 AM7/2/20
to Franca
Hi,

just checked, the link works for me. Must have been a temporary issue, pls check again.

The latest version of the User Guide is still 0.12.0.1, as mentioned above.

Regards,
Klaus