Weird error 'no subsystem specified and no default configured' on an app without subsystems enabled...

andybe...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2018, 10:03:26 AM2/23/18
to framework-one
I get the following error intermittently:

No subsystem specified and no default configured.

When using subsystems, every request should specify a subsystem or variables.framework.defaultSubsystem should be configured.

Error thrown on line 395 in /home/gpw/framework/one.cfc
- called from line 553 in /home/gpw/framework/one.cfc
- called from line 434 in /home/gpw/framework/one.cfc
- called from line 2823 in /home/gpw/framework/one.cfc
- called from line 952 in /home/gpw/framework/one.cfc

The bizarre thing is that variables.framework.usingSubsystems is false, so my app should never drop into the throw().

public string function getDefaultSubsystem() {

    if ( !usingSubsystems() ) {
        return '';
    }

    if ( structKeyExists( request, 'subsystem' ) ) {
        return request.subsystem;
    }

    if ( variables.framework.defaultSubsystem == '' ) {
        throw( type='FW1.subsystemNotSpecified', message='No subsystem specified and no default configured.',
               detail='When using subsystems, every request should specify a subsystem or variables.framework.defaultSubsystem should be configured.' );
    }

    return variables.framework.defaultSubsystem;

}

As I say, it's intermittent, I only see it in the occasional error email, never when testing directly. Any ideas where to look?

Julian Halliwell

Feb 23, 2018, 10:52:15 AM2/23/18
to framew...@googlegroups.com
I've seen the same thing very intermittently like you - maybe one or
two requests at most out of hundreds of thousands.

I don't use sub-systems at all and as you say according to the code
that framework variable should be false unless you enable it.

About 6 months ago I tried setting it to false explicitly in the fw1
config struct and I don't think there have been any more of these
exceptions.

We're currently on v4.0 but it happened with earlier versions too.

Cameron Childress

Feb 26, 2018, 2:35:25 PM2/26/18
to framew...@googlegroups.com
As I say, it's intermittent, I only see it in the occasional error email, never when testing directly. Any ideas where to look?

Any chance that:

variables.framework.reloadApplicationOnEveryRequest = true?

I see issues occasionally that only happen under load if this is accidentally left on.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress
p:   678.637.5072