SES config

Nando Breiter

Jul 5, 2019, 11:04:06 AM7/5/19
to framew...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying, again, to get SES urls to work in FW1, and I'm having issues getting it configured properly. Without getting into the weeds, I'm using Nginx as the web server in production and have tried variations of a config Tony Junkes recommended to me many moons ago without success.

It seems a complicating factor is that there are multiple sites on this server. The directory structure looks like this:

sites
  -website1
  -website2
  -website3

What has worked for me so far in all my FW/1 apps, with generateSES = false, is a variables.framework.baseUrl setting of "/", which isn't recommended in the docs. If I use the recommended baseURL = 'useCgiScriptName', then the server directory the site is in is added to the URL's, like so

If I use baseURL = '/'

then the urls generated from buildUrl are correct as needed

In my nginx config, I've use the follow proxy_pass setting in this multiple site per web server situation:

upstream    lucee_servers {
  server 127.0.0.1:8888;
}
location / {
  proxy_pass http://lucee_servers/website1/;
}

Now, if from here I simply set generateSES = true, what happens is that the buildUrl generates composed of section/item, leaving out the domain entirely

If I change baseURL to "useCgiScriptName", then buildUrl produces links in the following way

http://websiteOne.com/website1/section/item which also generates a 404 error.

I've tried a number of things to resolve this issue but haven't hit on a solution yet. I'm currently staring at framework.one.resolveBaseURL(), as this function seems to be an origin of my issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,