Re: [frameworks] Data Visualization / Collaboration Request

zloster

Jun 24, 2019, 4:17:02 AM6/24/19
to framework-...@googlegroups.com
On 21.06.2019 08:36, Yevgen Reztsov wrote:

> Hi All,

Hi, I'm a contributor to this project but I'm not part of the
TechEmpower team.
> Principal Engineer at Holonis here
> (https://www.linkedin.com/in/yevgen-reztsov-5646346b/) and a big fan
> of performance / benchmarks / open source.
>
> I'd like to contribute by making the excellent data from your tests
> more accessible / meaningful as information to end-users picking their
> technology stacks.
>
> To that end, is there a precedent in this working group in regards to
> making your underlying data set available for re-interpretation?
> Specifically Round 17.

All the raw and processed data from the recent official runs is here:
http://tfb-logs.techempower.com/
I'm not sure if there is information about this in the wiki.
Here is a recent example of someone using the data:
https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks/issues/3846#issuecomment-450946729

The continues benchmark website (https://tfb-status.techempower.com)
gives full access to the data for any given FINISHED run. Here is an
example:
https://tfb-status.techempower.com/unzip/results.2019-06-22-07-59-08-537.zip/results/20190618163411
> I've considered simply scraping it but I do not believe this to be
> ethical - my goal is to provide better visualization / organization
> tools for the data set.
>
> Your website / organization / page link would be very prominently
> featured wherever I publish my work, with full credit given every step
> of the way.
>
> What are your thoughts?
>
> Sincerely,
> Yevgen Reztsov

Best regards,
zloster

Brian Hauer

Jul 3, 2019, 6:25:51 PM7/3/19
to framework-benchmarks
Hi Yevgen,

Somehow I didn't see your original message (and still don't see it; I only see zloster's response).

What zloster said is all spot-on.  I will add:
  • You are welcome to consume and re-render the result data to your heart's content.
  • For building renderings of the results, the easiest file to use from any given run is the "results.json" file generated for each run.  You can find an example results.json for a recent run linked from here: https://tfb-status.techempower.com/results/668c43a2-5caa-4075-91ab-8ee9537b5dec
  • Please let us know if you have questions about the content or meaning of the results data; we can probably clarify things that are not obvious.
  • Obviously we appreciate any citation and/or links back.
  • There is indeed precedent for others building alternative renderings.  You can find some linked in messages in this mailing list archive.
Looking forward to seeing what you create!