Round 18 is now available

Brian Hauer

Jul 9, 2019, 2:41:33 PM7/9/19
to framework-benchmarks
Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce that Round 18 results are now available!

News and thanks at our blog:

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to Round 18!

Message has been deleted

Lynn

Jul 11, 2019, 7:53:43 AM7/11/19
to framework-benchmarks
Heya,

According to the test information: "In this test, the framework's ORM is used to fetch all rows from a database table containing an unknown number of Unix fortune cookie messages".

I noticed that Symfony is in the list, but Symfony doesn't have an ORM. My guess is that this test is primarily testing Doctrine and I wonder how much of this performance is based on the speed of doctrine, not Symfony. I'm also curious if it queries using view objects, or goes through expensive hydration of entities, or simply returns an array of the database values returned. These have a big impact on the test result performance wise, while having the same end-result.

With these arguments provided, I don't believe the framework benchmarks are accurate and give a false impression of having worse (or better) performance than it has in the ideal situation.

Regards,
Lynn

Alexandr Opak

Jul 11, 2019, 10:58:28 AM7/11/19
to framework-benchmarks
Where is Erlang webserver metrics? Why you only added elixir? This is 100% incorrect. I want to see how cowboy beat shit phoenix.

Sachin Mittal

Apr 29, 2020, 8:44:05 AM4/29/20
to framework-benchmarks
Hello,
Great job on the listed frameworks.
I find one framework which I feel should be added to the benchmark.

It is a nodejs framework and suppose to be the fastest javascript based web framework out there.
It would be good to see how it compares with the rest.

Thanks
Sachin