How to find information about exact versions used for specific framework benchmark test?

Yanosh Fenveshi

Feb 6, 2019, 3:10:18 PM2/6/19
to framework-benchmarks
I wanted to find information about what symfony framework version used, I visited a lot of links, checked the most obvious places of the page where required link might be placed and finally used quick search by Ctrl+F 'version' but found nothing. Dont ask me why am I not read whole pages from top to end - that too much waste of time for simple and single task.
I advise you to place versions info link in obvious place or add conspicuous banner with instructions how to find it.

zloster

Feb 6, 2019, 4:01:00 PM2/6/19
to Yanosh Fenveshi, framework-benchmarks

On 6.02.2019 22:10, Yanosh Fenveshi wrote:

I wanted to find information about what symfony framework version used, I visited a lot of links, checked the most obvious places of the page where required link might be placed and finally used quick search by Ctrl+F 'version' but found nothing. Dont ask me why am I not read whole pages from top to end - that too much waste of time for simple and single task.
I advise you to place versions info link in obvious place or add conspicuous banner with instructions how to find it.
The source code is your friend:
  1. Here are all the PHP sources: https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks/tree/master/frameworks/PHP
  2. The symfony project is here: https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks/tree/master/frameworks/PHP/symfony
  3. We inspect composer.json (the dependencies management): https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks/blob/master/frameworks/PHP/symfony/composer.json
  4. We see:
"require-dev" :
    "symfony/dotenv" : "^4.0"
},
The documentation for the versioning is here: https://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/versions.md#caret-version-range-
I don't have knowledge of PHP or the fine details here, but IMO it should pick at least 4.0 and anything released later and compatible with 4.x until 5.0.