Cached test

Daniel Nicoletti

Oct 27, 2020, 8:07:53 PM10/27/20
to framework-benchmarks
Hi,
I want to implement the cached test, but I'm not sure about the requirements
regarding not having a map/hash with queries -> values.
Item vii:
 Implementations should not create a plain key-value map of objects.

Our async SQL library ASql internally has a map whose key are query and parameters,
and once they match it returns the resultset, one can clear cached values by age or by
this key. I do use this approach in a very busy real world application, but somehow
it feels the test doesn't allow that, am I right?

This requirement is a bit odd because every caching mechanism will create
a key-value, take memcached for example.

In our case it's the key map is not explicit in the test ( I could just commit and you
probably won't notice), it's internally to the SQL library we use, could you better
elaborate on this?

Best,

--
Daniel Nicoletti