FrameServer 4.21 released, compatible with Resolve, ffmpeg and more.

Poz

Oct 2, 2021, 12:22:52 PM10/2/21
to frameserver-discuss

Hi all,

A new version of CuminCode FrameServer, v4.21, is now available. You can try it out from https://www.cumincode.com/frameserver/

This version comes with 3 new, big features

  1. A "pause" capability which you can use to stop a render in the middle, do some time-sensitive tasks if needed, and resume once done.
  2. Better compatibility with more NLEs/encoders. We tested with Resolve, TMPGenc, ffmpeg and many others, and you can now frameserve out from Premiere to these tools.
  3. Set a command to run automatically on FrameServer start, and close FrameServer when the command finishes. This is useful to run an encoder such as ffmpeg. FrameServer doesn't ship with any such encoders and you'll have to get ffmpeg or other software separately, but you can simplify your workflow by chaining CCFS with them easily.
Capture.PNG

The next release will likely include FrameServer plug-ins for Resolve and Adobe After Effects.

Do you have any feature requests for FrameServer? What can make your render workflow simpler/better/easier ?

- Poz

https://www.cumincode.com/frameserver/

XBOX CDK

Oct 28, 2021, 9:16:14 PM10/28/21
to frameserver-discuss

hi,sorry my English is verybad。pleas understanding what i say。

wrong avisynth setting:
SetWorkingDir("D:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\")
FFmpegSource2("G:\CCFS\virtual-2\A.avi")
Dither_convert_rgb_to_yuv(lsb=True,tv_range=True,output="YV24",matrix="709")
Down10(depth=10, TVrange=True, dither=-3, ditherm=6, interp=0, HQ=False, stack=false)
#dither_convert_yuv_to_rgb(lsb_in=true)

I use avisynth,(ConvertToYV24)can direct to make video。
But(ConvertToYV24)got a problem。
RGB24→avisynth(ConvertToYV24)=loss some detail

i trying to make better video quality,so
RGB24→YUV44416bit→dither down to 10bit
but I myst use (server as virtual uncompressed avi)make a huge file To run。
if I use avisynth direct to output
avisynth can't read that。waring:(line 2)
please fix that
(• ﹏ •๑)

Wayne Grabowski

May 19, 2022, 3:19:03 PM5/19/22
to frameserver-discuss
I just downloaded and ran the install, but am not seeing it as a render option in Vegas 19,  please advise.

Also, I don't see a pay link?

Poz

May 19, 2022, 10:26:41 PM5/19/22
to frameserver-discuss
From Vegas Pro 19 if you hit "File > Render As", you should see "CuminCode FrameServer" as one of the Formats listed on the left side listbox. If you don't see it, can you share a screenshot of what you see?

- Poz

Wayne Grabowski

May 20, 2022, 3:31:58 AM5/20/22
to frameserver-discuss
Here you go:

Screenshot 2022-05-20 002754.jpg

Poz

May 20, 2022, 8:56:59 AM5/20/22
to frameserver-discuss
Looks like there is an issue with Frameserver installation. Can you uninstall Debugmode Frameserver, then install the new CuminCode Frameserver? Also, if you have multiple versions of Vegas please make sure you select the appropriate version when the installer asks for it.

- Poz

Wayne Grabowski

May 20, 2022, 3:43:53 PM5/20/22
to frameserver-discuss
I tried reinstalling and spotted the problem...it defaulted to installing it in the Vegas18 folder.  I installed again in Vegas19 folder and purchased a copy.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with it...

Edison Chan

Aug 16, 2022, 10:09:29 PM8/16/22
to frameserver-discuss
Does it support premiere pro 2022? I have try it in PR 2022, but the avi file exported is a binary file not a intermedia avs file.

Poz

Aug 27, 2022, 1:26:25 AM8/27/22
to frameserver-discuss
It should work in Premiere Pro, though we haven't tested it in PR 2022 yet. You are right that the exported .avi file is binary, just like all other .avi files which are full videos (not like a .avs file which only opens in supported apps)

- Poz