Network Serving How the Hell does it work?

Andrea müller

Feb 24, 2016, 3:16:48 PM2/24/16
to frameserver-discuss
Hello

Im using Debugmode Frameserver 2.15 for Sony vegas pro13. I encode with MeGUI x.264.

The normal Frameserving works perfect and since my girlfriends PC is in the same Gigabit network with a HT 4 Core CPU, i thought why not try Frameservers Network option.

So heres a list of steps i do:

1. Put the video inside Sony Vegas and frameserve it
2. Settings for Frameserver are: RGB24, "Enable Network Frameserving" is checked, Port is set as Default 8278
3. Start serving
4. Go to my Girlfriends PC and start DFsNetClient.exe
5. Type in my PC`s IP, the Port 8278 and the path for the signpost AVI (My Girlfriends PC Desktop)
6. Hit ok and the Signpost gets written to the Desktop (Network Client shows Signpost Path and Statistics Video/Audio 0.00fps)
7. Go to MeGUI on my PC
8. Start Avisynth Script Creator in MeGUI and select the Signpost AVI on my GF`s Desktop
9. Save the Avisynth and put the jobs into meguis Queue with "AutoEncode"
10. Hit the Start Button in Megui and it starts encoding
11. Nothing happens on my GF`s PC

What am i doing wrong? I tried hours to fix this and searched the internet but theres almost nothing about Dframeservers Network option.

Please if someone can help i would really apreciate it :)

Patrick Mosley

Dec 13, 2016, 7:43:59 AM12/13/16
to frameserver-discuss
Your Computer is doing the frame serving, that is going over the network to the GF computer.
You want to use the GF computer to do the "heavy lifting" aka the encoding.  So you need to install MeGUI on her computer and do all the encoding on her computer with the file that is on her desktop.

It sounds like your doing it from your computer, and just picking the file on her desktop (perhaps via smb share).