64-bit DFSC-Codec needed

Ralf

Apr 1, 2011, 4:54:57 AM4/1/11
to frameserver-discuss
Hi,

first I want to thank you a lot for updating the frameserver for
working with Premiere CS5 !

I ran into a problem when frameserving with the new 2.10 version from
Premiere CS5 to the 64-bit versions of MeGUI and Virtualdub.

Virtualdub says "Couldn't locate decompressor for format
'DFSC' (unknown)" and MeGUI (AviSynth Script Creator) says "Unable to
render the file. You probably don't have the correct filters
installed".

Serving to 32-bit MeGUI / x264 encoder works, but the speed is very
slow and my QuadCore-CPU is used only by ~ 25%.
Tests with the multithreaded 64-bit version (no frameserving) showed
an almost fully used CPU with four times faster encoding speed !

Is it possible that in the near future a 64-bit DFSC codec is
available ?

Thank you !!!

syryo

Apr 1, 2011, 6:42:50 AM4/1/11
to frameserver-discuss
I have the same problem.
Yesterday I tried to frameserve from Vegas 10.0c x64 trhu DMFS 2.10
and Virtualdub x64 using a Avisynth script.
The AviSource function in the .avs (via VD) is returning the same
error "Couldn't locate decompressor for format
'DFSC' "
I have Shark007 x86 and x64 installed on Windows 7 Home Pro x64.

The .avi from DMFS is OK from Windows Media Player x86; it is not OK
from Windows Media Player x64.

So this is a clear symptom that there is something wrong (or missing)
for x64 stack.

Help please!

Thank you

Satish

Apr 1, 2011, 3:54:16 PM4/1/11
to frameserver-discuss
Yes the frameserver does not have a 64 bit codec today. That is why it
doesn't work with 64 bit applications. I'll work on it shortly and
make a new release.

- Satish

syryo

Apr 2, 2011, 3:33:58 AM4/2/11
to frameserver-discuss
Great!!!!
Looking forward your next release, then.

THANK YOU!

syryo

Apr 21, 2011, 4:11:13 AM4/21/11
to frameserver-discuss
Any news?

Satish

Apr 22, 2011, 4:52:49 AM4/22/11
to frameserver-discuss
Not yet, still being worked..

On Apr 21, 4:11 am, syryo <syryo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Any news?

Leo F.

Oct 22, 2013, 4:04:22 AM10/22/13
to frameserv...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Where can I find this DFSC-Codec??
Google finds so many Links about that, always pointing at http://www.debugmode.com/bin/download.php?fssetup.zip
but thats not working....
can somebody help me please?

Thank you!!

Frameservingisverygood

Oct 24, 2013, 7:12:21 AM10/24/13
to frameserv...@googlegroups.com
Can you try this link: http://frame-server.googlecode.com/files/fssetup-2.14.exe
I use it  on Sony Vegas Pro 12 and Windows Seven 64 bit.

Leo F.

Oct 24, 2013, 7:33:01 AM10/24/13
to frameserv...@googlegroups.com
Thanx for the answer! But I already have that version installed. what is missing is not frameserver but that codec;
After having started everything wiht premiere pro I try to open the file with Virtual dub and get the same message as Ralf describes above:

 "Couldn't locate decompressor for format  'DFSC' (unknown)

Virtual Dub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video[etc...]"

Frameservingisverygood

Oct 28, 2013, 9:38:55 AM10/28/13
to frameserv...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm French I'm not verygood in English.
If I understand youcan create the served-file but you can't open it in Virtualdub.
I have got the solution : try MeGui. This is one of the best encoder for x264 and other codecs.
You can give the frame served-file in input without any problem.

Regards.

Leo F.

Oct 29, 2013, 6:04:33 AM10/29/13
to frameserv...@googlegroups.com
oui ca c'etait le problem! :)
i'll try MeGui soon...
merci pour l'aide!

Frameservingisverygood

Oct 31, 2013, 11:55:52 AM10/31/13
to frameserv...@googlegroups.com
You're French too?
MeGui is z very good tool.
You can built profiles for audio and video compression. You can use the Oneclick method the spend less time.
NB : I use Sony Vegas and I have to export the audio in first and after the video. If I don't do this I have issues with sound of encoded file.

Regards.

Frameservingisverygood

Oct 31, 2013, 11:59:30 AM10/31/13
to frameserv...@googlegroups.com
En Français:

Tu est Français?
MeGui est un outil vraiment bon.
Tu peux créer des profiles pour la compression de l'audio et de la video. Tu peux aussi utiliser le mode "One Click" pour gagner du temps.
NB : J'utilise Sony Vegas, je dois exporter l'audio dans un premier temps. Puis la vidéo par la suite. Si je ne fait pas ceci j'ai des soucis au niveau du son dans le fichier encodé?

Salutations.

Leo F.

Nov 2, 2013, 9:13:45 AM11/2/13
to frameserv...@googlegroups.com
no, I'm not, I just tried to use my extremely little french vocabulary... ;-)
As my PC broke down in the last days, it will take some more time until I can try using MeGui but thanks for the hint anyway!

Z Zl

Oct 15, 2016, 5:10:07 AM10/15/16
to frameserver-discuss
Hi, any updates on 64-bit DFSC for debugmode frameserver? Looks like many tools now use avisynth 64+ (like staxrip, which has powerful support of NVENC coder of rigaya) and they can't open avisource http://i.imgur.com/kBBL1J0.png for this line: avisource("c:\rendered\1.avi")

nowinskit

Oct 22, 2016, 8:56:52 PM10/22/16
to frameserver-discuss

This, StaxRip nowadays is the best option to those with ASIC encoders, it support NVENC,QuickSynck and VCE but unfortunately developer dropped x86 version before ASIC implementation and only has x64 for it but Debug Frameserver lack of compatibility to x64 is a sad point.