Network Rendering?

Brian Warshawsky

Aug 17, 2022, 11:53:51 AM8/17/22
to frameserver-discuss
I'm catching up on some of the new capabilities and I'm intrigued by network frameserving.  If this works with up to 8 clients, can this be used like an 8 client render farm?  If so, this is pretty epic.  The description says you need frameserver on each client, so does that mean 8 registered copies, or one for all 8?

Or is network frameserving not able to create a render farm?

Brian

Poz

Aug 27, 2022, 1:24:32 AM8/27/22
to frameserver-discuss
Great question. To be honest, we haven't touched network frameserving for a while and it has been stable for a few years now. The idea was to make it work like a render farm, for those who have multiple machines at home or work. In theory, you can use the same license on all the machines, but we haven't tested it in recent times.

If you are able to test it out, please let us know what you find.

- Poz