Davinci Resolve 17

Goorawin Goorawin

Nov 13, 2020, 5:39:31 AM11/13/20
to frameserver-discuss
Some time ago I used debugmode frameserver with Sony Vegas.
I have since started using Davinci Resolve instead and would love to be able to frame serve the output and I know that was not possible up until now.
However with the new release of version 17 they have included an open plugin SDK toolkit for encoder developers and thought this may now be possible.
As a matter of interest someone has already produced a plugin that allows the x264 encoder to be used as an option for Resolves output when using Windows. This I have tried and it seems to work very well.

Any thoughts on this possibility?

Bill Ravens

Jun 15, 2021, 4:48:03 PM6/15/21
to frameserver-discuss
I second this request....what is sorely needed is the ability to frameserve from Davinci Resolve to Adobe Media Encoder (because AME can output ProRes on a Windows machine.)

Goorawin Goorawin

Jun 16, 2021, 9:01:48 PM6/16/21
to frameserver-discuss
There is now a plugin for DR that will allow endoding to Prores and other formats from the timeline. Although it is not a frameserver that allows you to use any encoder. You have to use the Voukoder encoder. See https://www.voukoder.org/  for details. It works well with the formats that I have tried so far including mp4 using x264 (for Bluray) and VP9.
Good luck