Chainstays Bent for RTP/Juniper Ridge Width Tires: For Trade

John Clay

Jul 8, 2021, 7:58:21 PM7/8/21
to Framebuilders

I'd like to trade a pair of RH/Kaisei round chainstays that I bent to accommodate the Rat Trap Pass tire with fenders, or Juniper Ridge without, for a pair of the same straight stays for Rene Herse. I'm still working on my chainstay bending tooling and procedures and I'd like to see these get used (I have no frame projects in the near term).

They're 0.8 wall. This pair was used to test Poly-Bend filler material. They’re perfectly serviceable but the inside surface of the bent areas is slightly rippled.

Photos are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/albums/72157719509687944

The ripples are exaggerated in the “straight-on” photos, hence the two photos taken across the minor axis; they aren’t mountains but small fractions of a mm. Very little flattening of the minor axis cross section occurred so they will be about as stiff as they were prior to bending. Even with this bend, small fender dents may be required for RTP fender fitment and note that they were bent for 126 rear space; slight straightening might be needed for larger rear spaces.

Also, note that I still offer elegant, low and tight, high rake fork blade bending services for $20/pair + shipping: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/43604757552/in/datetaken/

Please contact me off list if interested.

Thanks,

John Clay

Tallahassee, Florida