Contract paint service provider?

Out de Crate

Jul 7, 2021, 6:20:23 PM7/7/21
to Framebuilders
Please guide me and forgive me if this question is not appropriate, I searched the conversations and didn't see anything.
I am looking for someone who is willing to paint a frameset or two for me from time to time. Feel free to direct message me if you are willing or can recommend someone.
Currently I have a small (51 cm) partially chromed Roman frame, a Liberati that i plan to build up as a gift to a good friend. I'm not worried about decals just looking for a beautiful basecoat/clearcoat, but if you have some appropriate, i would be interested.
Many Thanks,
Jon Crate
Atlanta, GA

Jim Allen

Jul 7, 2021, 9:03:11 PM7/7/21
to Out de Crate, Framebuilders
Jon,

See Screen Specialties Ink Painter's Map. Not sure how up to date it is, I know there are a few that are no longer working. Two are shown in GA.

Screen Specialties Restoration Page lists decals that are available for restoration projects.

I've been working with them since the late 70's. The decals are screen printed, not on vinyl!

Jim Allen
the CycleSmiths
Ranchita, CA, USA

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/framebuilders?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Framebuilders" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/framebuilders/b22ef5bc-be60-49d8-b303-6145af978a93n%40googlegroups.com.

Charlie Fortner

Jul 8, 2021, 7:42:19 PM7/8/21
to frameb...@googlegroups.com
Check out Nate Zucas in Augusta.
He builds and paints.

There's also Hoeffer Cycles in Shady Dale, but I don't know if he paints frames himself.

Charlie
--
Earth, USA, GA, Atlanta

Alex Meade

Jul 9, 2021, 2:49:29 PM7/9/21
to Framebuilders
Of course I've not tried all the painters in the land, but hands-down the best painter I've worked with in the 20-plus years I've been doing this is Hot Tubes in Shirley, MA.  Not cheap, but can do anything and understands the value of meeting a promised delivery date.