Johns comment on natural gas

Gene

Jun 14, 2014, 7:55:04 AM6/14/14
to frackin...@googlegroups.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:41:43 -0400
From: carole henry <vand...@rtelco.net>
Subject: Johns comment on natural gas

The comment of Johns of maintaining the grid with natural gas generation is not a bad transition made me smile. Like nuke power. They  had claimed it was.......clean.   Not.  Remember the fight to stop a nuke waste dump in Chatham so many years ago?

Why fracking instead of conventional drilling for gas?

Fracking for gas is the cheapest way to 'harvest' gas and brings a better profit for exporting to other countries.

It is an excellent way to get rid of toxic waste chemicals. Property owners and the public have no right to know what is being dumped into their environment.

It is a way to take over your property rights.

It has caused sickness in families and one family who has successfully the last few months, gone to trial with jury and won,  spells out what is happening.  They lived miles from a well and still were sick. Remember the movie, Erin Brockovich?  True story. Lies the company told while people were getting sick and dying?

It enables a private company to claim that they can not tell property owners what they are dumping into their ground/water/environment.  The state tried to make it a felony if one spoke up and told what these chemicals were, they got enough flack and so it is a misdemeanor.

As they extract the gas, leaving open pockets  that need to be filled, our ground water levels will fall filling those areas.  We can not afford to lose millions of gallons of clean water to a private company.   I noticed they have ads running how good gas will be to the public.   Even on NPR. Jobs they say,  lower gas prices..... Remember ask who, what, where and why.   Now on NPR is a N.C. energy company say how good they will be in the future.  I ask why they were not in the past with their coal ash ponds.  Was it cutting into their profits ?

So private companies can take over your property rights, remover millions of gallons of ground water, dump chemicals into the public environment and it is against the law to tell you what they are .........how very American.

There is much coal being exported to other countries.  How much oil is being exported?  That brings to mind the Canada pipeline.   That another country can come into the USA and tell American citizens that they have to give up their American property rights and play host to another countries pipeline.............In a country that is suppose to be for the people and by the people........Something no other country in the world has going for it.

Well fracking is well on its way to Chatham.

Note no cap words.