Face Recognition

narahari sandeepthi

Jul 21, 2010, 8:24:36 AM7/21/10
to Face Recognition for Facebook Dev. Team
Hai Friends,
I am also working on Face recognition,Now I am able to detect
the human faces in an image.Could you please suggest me the best
algorithms used for recognising persons in an image.

Thanks in advance.

Shervin Emami

Jul 21, 2010, 8:58:44 AM7/21/10
to fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Narahari,

The easiest method of face recognition with decent results is PCA
(also called "Eigenfaces"). If you are familiar with OpenCV, there is
a good tutorial on face recognition using PCA in OpenCV.

Theory of PCA:
http://www.cognotics.com/opencv/servo_2007_series/part_4/index.html

Implementation of PCA:
http://www.cognotics.com/opencv/servo_2007_series/part_5/index.html