New Member in the team!

Marc .

Jun 8, 2010, 11:15:07 AM6/8/10
to fr4fb
Hi Amey,
You are already in the team!.. Feel free to send mails to the
fr...@googlegroups.com ;)

Anyone able to tell Amey "what is done till now and what further
improvements can be done in this project?"

BR
Marc

Jun 8, 2010, 11:38:34 AM6/8/10
to fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i m Abhinav from IITR India. I have been quite inactive uptill now,but i really wanna contribute. I would also like to know the advancements been done in the project, I usually use matlab.
Meanwhile i would also ask if someone has worked in Licence Plate Recognition and can help me with matlab codes or procedure.

Abhinav Mohan Singh

ameydhar

Jun 8, 2010, 1:29:45 PM6/8/10
to Face Recognition for Facebook Dev. Team
I have an idea on license plate recognition. It is basically an image
segmentation and extraction problem. First of all median filter the
input image to remove noise and do edge detection. After that smooth
the image by convolving with a mask to reduce the number of connected
components and then find the connected components. Extraction of
connected components properly will give you the entire license plate
number.

Although I have not developed the code for this, it should be pretty
simple I guess. All these are directly present as functions in MATLAB
already.

Please could anyone explain about the work done and the improvements
needed in the face recognition system here. Also what is the next
immediate target we are looking at..

Amey Dharwadker
NIT Trichy, India