Einsteinians : Physics Is a Scam

Pentcho Valev

Sep 1, 2022, 11:43:36 AMSep 1
Will Kinney: "Physics is a scam: no matter what observation we make, somebody can come up with a model to fit it." https://twitter.com/WKCosmo/status/1564957148764934146

Will Kinney frightened by the reaction: "Way too many people are taking this tweet seriously." https://twitter.com/WKCosmo/status/1565035614050844672

Sabine Hossenfelder specifies that *fundamental* physics is a scam: "Because that's exactly the problem with most of the foundations of physics today..." https://twitter.com/skdh/status/1565232715565334528

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev

Sep 1, 2022, 8:10:53 PMSep 1
Ethan Siegel: "Scientific Theories Never Die, Not Unless Scientists Choose To Let Them. When it comes to science, we like to think that we formulate hypotheses, test them, throw away the ones that fail to match, and continue testing the successful one until only the best ideas are left. But the truth is a lot muddier than that. The actual process of science involves tweaking your initial hypothesis over and over, trying to pull it in line with what we already know. [...] By the addition of enough extra free parameters, caveats, behaviors, or modifications to your theory, you can literally salvage any idea. As long as you're willing to tweak what you've come up with sufficiently, you can never rule anything out." https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/11/16/scientific-theories-never-die-not-unless-scientists-choose-to-let-them/

Sabine Hossenfelder (Bee): "The criticism you raise that there are lots of speculative models that have no known relevance for the description of nature has very little to do with string theory but is a general disease of the research area. Lots of theorists produce lots of models that have no chance of ever being tested or ruled out because that's how they earn a living. The smaller the probability of the model being ruled out in their lifetime, the better. It's basic economics. Survival of the 'fittest' resulting in the natural selection of invincible models that can forever be amended." http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=9375

Theoretical physics is a scam, isn't it?