The Greatest Nonsense in the History of Science

pentch...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2022, 3:35:41 PMJul 15
An observer starts moving toward the light source https://youtube.com/watch?v=bg7O4rtlwEE, pulses start hitting him more frequently (Doppler effect), but the speed of the pulses relative to him, according to Einstein, gloriously remains unchanged. Einstein wrestled with his conscience "over a lengthy period of time, to the point of despair" before introducing the nonsense:

John Stachel: "But this seems to be nonsense. How can it happen that the speed of light relative to an observer cannot be increased or decreased if that observer moves towards or away from a light beam? Einstein states that he wrestled with this problem over a lengthy period of time, to the point of despair." http://www.aip.org/history/exhibits/einstein/essay-einstein-relativity.htm

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

pentch...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2022, 8:04:01 AMJul 16
Einstein: "I introduced the principle of the constancy of the velocity of light, which I borrowed from H. A. Lorentz's theory of the stationary luminiferous ether." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_ether_theory

The nonsense Einstein "borrowed" from the theory of the nonexistent ether gave birth to unprecedented absurdities, immeasurably more idiotic than (picking a random example) flat-earth myths:

Thibault Damour: "The paradigm of the special relativistic upheaval of the usual concept of time is the twin paradox. Let us emphasize that this striking example of time dilation proves that time travel (towards the future) is possible. As a gedanken experiment (if we neglect practicalities such as the technology needed for reaching velocities comparable to the velocity of light, the cost of the fuel and the capacity of the traveller to sustain high accelerations), it shows that a sentient being can jump, "within a minute" (of his experienced time) arbitrarily far in the future, say sixty million years ahead, and see, and be part of, what (will) happen then on Earth. This is a clear way of realizing that the future "already exists" (as we can experience it "in a minute")." http://www.bourbaphy.fr/damourtemps.pdf