Doppler Effect Topples Modern Physics

pentch...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2022, 9:58:20 AM2/25/22
Kip Thorne: "If you move toward the [light] source, you see the wavelength shortened but you don't see the speed changed" https://youtu.be/mvdlN4H4T54?t=296

No the moving observer does not see the wavelength shortened:

"Thus, the moving observer sees a wave possessing the same wavelength [...] but a different frequency [...] to that seen by the stationary observer." http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/315/Waveshtml/node41.html

"Vo is the velocity of an observer moving towards the source. This velocity is independent of the motion of the source. Hence, the velocity of waves relative to the observer is c + Vo. [...] The motion of an observer does not alter the wavelength. The increase in frequency is a result of the observer encountering more wavelengths in a given time." http://a-levelphysicstutor.com/wav-doppler.php

And since the moving observer does not see the wavelength shortened, he sees the speed of light changed (c'=c+Vo), which is fatal for modern physics:

"He opened by explaining how Einstein's theory of relativity is the foundation of every other theory in modern physics and that the assumption that the speed of light is constant is the foundation of that theory. Thus a constant speed of light is embedded in all of modern physics and to propose a varying speed of light (VSL) is worse than swearing! It is like proposing a language without vowels." http://www.thegreatdebate.org.uk/VSLRevPrnt.html

"If there's one thing every schoolboy knows about Einstein and his theory of relativity, it is that the speed of light in vacuum is constant. No matter what the circumstances, light in vacuum travels at the same speed... The speed of light is the very keystone of physics, the seemingly sure foundation upon which every modern cosmological theory is built, the yardstick by which everything in the universe is measured. [...] The only aspect of the universe that didn't change was the speed of light. And ever since, the constancy of the speed of light has been woven into the very fabric of physics, into the way physics equations are written, even into the notation used. Nowadays, to "vary" the speed of light is not even a swear word: It is simply not present in the vocabulary of physics." https://www.amazon.com/Faster-Than-Speed-Light-Speculation/dp/0738205257

"The whole of physics is predicated on the constancy of the speed of light," Joao Magueijo, a cosmologist at Imperial College London and pioneer of the theory of variable light speed, told Motherboard. "So we had to find ways to change the speed of light without wrecking the whole thing too much." https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8q87gk/light-speed-slowed

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

pentch...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2022, 9:58:56 PM2/25/22
Joao Magueijo, Niayesh Afshordi: "The whole of physics is predicated on the constancy of the speed of light...So we had to find ways to change the speed of light without wrecking the whole thing too much." https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8q87gk/light-speed-slowed

Magueijo and Afshordi are not interested in the truth: how the speed of light REALLY changes. They are trying to devise a variable speed of light that is harmless to Einstein's relativity and modern physics. In a post-truth (post-sanity) science, the harmless concept will convert them into revolutionaries, iconoclasts, best-selling authors etc.

Magueijo and Afshordi clearly see that frequency and speed of light pulses vary proportionally for the moving observer in Doppler https://youtube.com/watch?v=bg7O4rtlwEE, but believe that only the frequency varies - the speed of the pulses gloriously remains constant. Ignatius of Loyola explains:

"We should always be prepared so as never to err to believe that what we see as white is black, if the hierarchy of the Church defines it thus" https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c9/bb/5e/c9bb5eb049bc1d58834129afcea7d63b.jpg

More here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

pentch...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2022, 1:28:44 PM2/27/22
http://physics.bu.edu/~redner/211-sp06/class19/class19_doppler.html: The Doppler effect is the shift in frequency of a wave that occurs when the wave source, or the detector of the wave, is moving. Applications of the Doppler effect range from medical tests using ultrasound to radar detectors and astronomy (with electromagnetic waves). [...] We will focus on sound waves in describing the Doppler effect, but it works for other waves too. [...] Consider a stationary source of sound broadcasting a single frequency sound wave. You are the observer of the sound wave, and you are also stationary. The usual relationship between frequency, speed, and wavelength is:

f = V/λ

V represents the speed of sound through the medium.

Let's say you, the observer, now move toward the source with velocity Vo. You encounter more waves per unit time than you did before. Relative to you, the waves travel at a higher speed:

V' = V + Vo

The frequency of the waves you detect is higher, and is given by:

f' = V'/λ = (V + Vo)/λ [end of quotation]

Einsteinians are now silent but in the past Tom Roberts and a few other intellects devastating sci.physics.relativity would immediately object: "No. This is for sound. For light, we have V'=V and λ'=λV/(V+Vo). Divine Einstein! Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity!"

"Divine Einstein! No-one's as divine as Albert Einstein not Maxwell, Curie, or Bohr! His fame went glo-bell, he won the Nobel - He should have been given four! No-one's as divine as Albert Einstein, Professor with brains galore! No-one could outshine Professor Einstein! He gave us special relativity, That's always made him a hero to me! No-one's as divine as Albert Einstein, Professor in overdrive!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lE-I2I4i00

"We all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Everything is relative, even simultaneity, and soon Einstein's become a de facto physics deity. 'cos we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. We all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity. Yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkLLXhONvQ

See more: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev