Viewsonic Monitor Driver Ubuntu Desktop Sharing

Septimio Sallah

Dec 26, 2023, 8:11:01 PM12/26/23
I am trying to get a 2nd Viewsonic monitor to work on an old pc with Ubuntu 20.04.2. The pc is a Lenova ThinkCentre-M92P wth Intel HD Graphics 4000 (IVB GT2). I bought a USB 3.0 to vga adaptor to hook up the monitor. But when I opened the package I found the adaptor has a Windows driver cd. Can I make all this work together?

Viewsonic Monitor Driver Ubuntu Desktop Sharing

Download https://t.co/e6OANqtufX

I can't help you unfreeze your desktop, but you may want to keep an eye on whether the CPUs work at 100%. If that's the case, I would rather reinstall the driver and purge all Nvidia (you have to do it correctly depending on how you installed it (proprietary run file (my case), Ubuntu software&updates or apt), I would rather avoid gpg keys + .deb install since it didn't work even once for me because something-something deprecated, when purging Nvidia you may want to sudo apt autoremove Nvidia instead of remove... It might also help to fix software&updates if it gets struk with "using proprietary driver", also if something refuses to work no matter what you might want to check it is not blacklisted, never erase folders (I did, and it didn't end well) there's always an official way to uninstall it (unless you download random stuff from GitHub (this is unrelated, but, trust me, you may want to check there's a proper uninstall method when using a GitHub project, and you certainly want to keep it away from touching your packages without using apt)).

I have tried multiple tricks to find a solution inside the Linux system. Afterwards, I have tried to find a solution for the Dock driver connector to display my external monitor. And it works, here what I have done:

I have installed ubuntu 20.04 on my laptop specification are intel i3 6th gen with intel graphics card 520,screen resolution 1366768.when i lock desktop to temporarily turn off the screen but when i press power button to wakeup the screen my screen flickers continuously, this issue occurs only when locking the desktop or when screen goes off automatically.I had same issue with ubuntu 18.04 version and kali linux.But when i downgrade ubuntu to 16.04 it was running fine and same with kali linux when i installed slightly older version of kali linux it was also running fine.I am having this issue with only newer versions of ubuntu and kali linux.I have tried solution of 1)reducing screen size2)installing older kernels

I was experiencing a continuous small-intensity flickering after a clean install of Xubuntu 20.04 on my laptop (nvidia-driver-455 installed from the graphics-drivers ppa). I think I have solved it by applying the settings below in NVIDIA X Server Settings (toggle first the Advanced view) and clicking Save to X Configuration File. Hopefully, it can be of help.

I installed Xubuntu 20.04 on two seemingly identical Compaq CQ60 laptops, and it worked flawlessly on one of them. The second laptop had a flickering screen problem right away. I tried reinstalling, changing the resolution and refresh rate, using the Nvidia third party driver (even worse), installing gnome desktop, changing to Wayland vs Xorg, and nothing worked. Once my screen started flickering, I usually had to reboot.

A different PC with the Intel XE graphic chip exhibited strange behaviors with this monitor. So I wanted to report it here, thinking that the problem may be related to the graphics card driver, I hope you can help.

After updating my graphics driver to the latest version from NVIDIA (downloaded direct, not using Windows Update), my third monitor which is an Acer V226WL is not displaying the proper and native resolution. The native resolution is 1680 x 1050. I have a GeForce 660, and have had no problems until now with my monitors. The monitor is connected via DVI.

My second monitor wouldn't display in proper resolution in Windows 10 after previously working in Windows 10 (and also in Window 7). I just rebooted one day and the monitor was stuck in 640x480 with no option to change it. I'm using AMD Catalyst 15.7.1. After trying several things I went to device manager uninstalled the Generic PnP monitor driver (i.e. not display adapter driver) and rebooted windows and now it displays the proper native 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Logged in to say I just got this issue as well. Monitor been working well for years Dell U2711 suddenly reports 1680 max res and not the 2540 it should be able to get. Card is a new gtx 1080ti - worked fine for a week with all monitors. Swapped back out to my older gtx690 - same problem exists. Nvida and Windows 10 both just updated - driver and 'creators' updates just applied not sure of the culprit - suspect nvidia. I have a triple monitor setup (all 27" same res but diff brands) and only one screen is affected. Display Port input will not work on it with either gfx card I have or combination of cables, dvi / hdmi work at lower resolution. Cable swapping, port swapping, reduction to just the one screen etc and repeating / trying already all of the opening posts comments do not help. I have a combination of 4 different Display Port to Display port cables - different brands - and no change (dead connection - screen detects the cable connections but adv no signal), also HDMI to DVI and Display Port to DVI (cables not adaptors) work but only at the low resolution on those ports. During POST of the machine I also get nothing via Display port connections. So you'd think its the screen right?

Our company runs several applications within the Citrix environment, so in addition to my normal desktop applications, there are several programs that I need to run from either a direct Citrix shortcut, or via Citrix remote desktop, which I believe is running Windows 7. The stand-alone Citrix applications that I run via direct shortcut stay windowed and running only on one monitor, as desired and expected. However, the remote desktop session always opens in full screen mode and spans across all three monitors, which is NOT what I want.

If I press the Shift-F2 keys, the Citrix desktop switches to windowed mode, allowing me to resize and move the window to just one monitor, but the desktop is messed up and unusable, presumably due to the difference in resolution and/or DPI. The start menu bar isn't positioned correctly and the mouse position is wrong, meaning the active area is 2-3 inches away from where I click. I usually have to force close the window in order to exit, as there's no way to click on the 'Start' menu. See screenshot1 attached.

Alozzy - I have tried your suggested solution, but unfortunately it did not work for me. I was hopeful it would, as this is the first suggestion I have seen online that addresses the idea of essentially disabling the default display by closing the lid of the Surface Book. Unfortunatley, the behavior of the remote desktop is still the same... it always spans all three monitors as soon as I enable the Surface Book display.

One of my co-workers pointed out that once the desktop has finished loading and is running in windowed mode, I can right click on the window title bar at the top of the screen and select the 'Resize Session' option. I then select 'Custom' from the Desktop Size list and enter the resolution of the monitor I want to run the desktop on, in my case 1920x1080.

I can then drag this window to one of my external monitors and click the 'full screen' box in the upper right and it fits my external monitor screen perfectly, but still allows me to access my local desktop and task bar on all three monitors. The only drawback is that there appears to be no way to save these settings between sessions.

The problem mentioned about the screen opening in the 3 monitors i always had but always managed to press "SHIFT+F2", drag the desktop to the main window and then double click on the grey zone ate the top of the Citrix desktop to automatically resize it.

A couple of weeks ago a kernel update and an update of the Nvidia driver to 510.xx caused heavier eye strain on the Viewsonic monitor. So much that my eyelids were totally dry and the "non-yolk part of the eye" that should be white, was red.

ryans I don't have any issues with smartphones. It is strange, the viewsonic VG2488 is so much more comfortable for my eyes than AOC 24p2c. On either Ubuntu or Windows. I re-tried it a couple of times recently. I feel like the AOC, even with brightness/contrast set to 0, is burning my eyes. Maybe because the Viewsonic monitor has a TFT IPS display, and this somehow makes it better, I don't know.

Do you have a setting for RGB Full/limited on your U2413? Most of what you write sounds like a problem with peak brightness. Via HDMI you can change this in the driver and some(not all) monitors you can also change it in the monitor.

My opinion on manufacturers. I know there is a petition out on this page to signal the manufacturers that some people have problems with eye strain. The problem I see is that it is impossible for regular users to define the technical cause. The only solution I see is: we either categorize types of eye/head problems and draw up a list of acceptable monitors/GPUs etc. or we wait till developers modernize their desktops and hopefully stumble upon this issue themselves.

The unsigned drivers won't install because they can't find my monitor in the system. When I got to device manager, only 2 generic PNP monitors show up, and those are actually virtual ones created from TeamViewer.

It seemed simple. Use a 4K monitor to run multiple computer screens simultaneously. There are dozens of choices for this. Picture by Picture (PBP) is a feature so common you'll scarcely see it in long form in the description. Just the acronym is all that's needed to sell the concept. But not all PBP designs and not all monitor drivers are equal. While it's tempting to call out certain vendors, the half-life of driver implementations (and generations of monitor hardware technology) is so short that this article might be out of date by the time you read it. So consider this in context if you're thinking about running multiple systems into a single display.

0aad45d008