Re: to min, seriously

Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

Feb 5, 2008, 9:48:46 AM2/5/08

PATRICK PARIS -- GET THE FUCK OUT YOU FILTHY STINKING SCUMBAG PEDOPHILE!
PATRICK PARIS -- FILTHY STINKING PEDOPHILE, GET THE FUCK OUT!
PATRICK PARIS -- FILTHY STINKING HUMAN GARBAGE PEDOPHILE, GET OUT NOW!
PATRICK PARIS -- WE HATE YOU PEDOPHILE, GET OUT!

In message <KOK7OQI538651.5396759259@anonymous.poster>,
Anonymous <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote:
>On 26 Oct 2005, anon <anon@anon> wrote:
><s>

i’m not the aussie “ buffoon ,” but you answered my question . thanx .

i have another question . if you said george bush would win the elections before it happened, can you show proof you did this ?

if so, i wonder =how= you did it . does a “ god ” tell you, like in words, or mental pictures ? i believe in the super natural, but how any body can just “ state ” the future like it already happend ? that seems scary to me .

seriously curious,
anon

Subject: Re: RSA-640 Factored

George Orwell wrote:

> RSA-640 has now been factored in 5 months with just 80 Opteron CPU's.
> http://mathworld.wolfram.com/news/2005-11-08/rsa-640/
>
> Mixmaster uses 1024bit RSA keys, and so does Tor. Isn't it time to move to
> at least 2048bits? Hardly anybody uses 1024bits for anything these days.
> Why are we?

I wouldn't get too panicked just yet. Each additional bit roughly doubles
the factoring time, so a 641 bit key would be 10 months, 642 = 20 months,
643 = 40 months... 1024 = something like 1.00E+120 months (a guesstimate,
check the math).

I suppose it's all about how long you want your data to be safe. There's
no such thing as a "forever" cypher unless you consider the OTP, but
they're impractical in most real life applications. So every common
encryption scheme is a compromise. For real time communications like Tor
where information generally looses value quickly, a "buffer" of a few
million years is more than sufficient for now I'd say. ;)

Not that it doesn't bear watching mind you. Computing power can double in
a year, and costs per calculation can drop dramatically. It's always good
to be aware of the state of things, but it's important not to shift into
"sky is falling" mode every time someone makes another step forward. It
just means things are evolving as expected. No surprises. It's assumed
that keys of a given size will become less secure over time, and any
anomaly in that time line would be a red flag. Even if the anomaly were
larger keys *not* being factored. Worst case scenario, such a thing might
indicate a flaw in the methods we use to factor, and make all previous
results invalid... place us in a state where we have no *clue* about the
security of our encryption algorithms. :(

--
_?_ Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
(@ @) Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Subject: Re: sVFUREZRA gUR yBIRrIVY R.r.y

In article <70e61504e9642ecc...@dizum.com>
Nomen Nescio <nob...@dizum.com> wrote:

> FRIED EELKS STIN
>
> EelbashR

This is the most boring "flood" I've ever seen in terms of creativity.
Drop it or get with the program.