Melbourne Programming Languages Mini-Workshop, 4th Dec 2013

Bernard James Pope

Nov 18, 2013, 3:53:55 AM11/18/13
to fpu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the upcoming Melbourne Programming Languages Mini-Workshop, to be held at The University of Melbourne on Wednesday 4th December 2013, 1.15-5.15pm, Doug McDonell 503 (Level 5 Theatrette).

We've got a great lineup of talks, including three international guest speakers (courtesy of the YOW! developer conference):

Phil Wadler, A practical theory of language-integrated query
Gilad Bracha, Liveness in the Newspeak IDE
Daniel Spiewak, Understanding Generalized Parsing Automata-Driven Algorithms
Peter Stuckey, Modelling with Option Types
Lee Naish, Pawns: a declarative/imperative language
Peter Schachte, Introducing Wybe - a language for everyone

The full schedule of talks is here, with abstracts:

http://www.berniepope.id.au/melbPL2013.html

We'd like to see a good turnout of programming language enthusiasts. Please let me know if you'd like to come so I can keep a handle on numbers.

Cheers,
Bernie.

Paul Bone

Nov 18, 2013, 5:21:51 AM11/18/13
to fpu...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 08:53:55AM +0000, Bernard James Pope wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We'd like to see a good turnout of programming language enthusiasts. Please let me know if you'd like to come so I can keep a handle on numbers.

Sounds good. I'll be there.

--
Paul Bone
http://www.bone.id.au

Bernard James Pope

Nov 18, 2013, 5:16:27 AM11/18/13
to <fpunion@googlegroups.com>

On 18/11/2013, at 9:21 PM, Paul Bone wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 08:53:55AM +0000, Bernard James Pope wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> We'd like to see a good turnout of programming language enthusiasts. Please let me know if you'd like to come so I can keep a handle on numbers.
>>

> Sounds good. I'll be there.

Great, thanks Paul.

See you then.

Cheers,
Bernie.

Andrew Bromage

Nov 18, 2013, 6:19:47 PM11/18/13
to fpu...@googlegroups.com
G'day.

On 18/11/13 7:53 PM, Bernard James Pope wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the upcoming Melbourne Programming Languages Mini-Workshop, to be held at The University of Melbourne on Wednesday 4th December 2013, 1.15-5.15pm, Doug McDonell 503 (Level 5 Theatrette).
Count me in.

Andrew Bromage

Logan Campbell

Nov 18, 2013, 10:04:14 PM11/18/13
to fpu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Bernie,

I'm quite keen to come.

Would you mind if I created an event for this in the MFUG¹ group? I'm sure there would be a number of people there who'd be interested in attending.

- Logan

Alexis

Nov 20, 2013, 3:18:31 AM11/20/13
to fpu...@googlegroups.com

bjp...@unimelb.edu.au writes:

> Please let me know if you'd like to come so I can keep a handle on
> numbers.

Will definitely try to make it!

Alexis.

Andy Kitchen