FPU meeting Friday 25 June, 1-2pm, 4.04 ICT Building

1 view

bjpop

Jun 21, 2010, 8:51:59 AM6/21/10
to fpunion, tom.sch...@cs.kuleuven.be
Presenter: Ben Horsfall.

Topic: Is intuitionist logic appropriate for reasoning about partial
functions?

Abstract:

Ben will compare intuitionist approaches to statements about partial
functions with three-valued and "underspecification" (i.e. classical)
approaches. Then he will engage in some speculation about the
appropriate intuitionist model theory, touching on the semantics of
equality, apartness and non-denotation, the semantic treatment of
function symbols, and the modelling of least and other fixedpoints.

We hope to see you there.

Ben Horsfall

Jun 24, 2010, 8:13:48 PM6/24/10
to fpu...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid that I have to cancel today's talk.