TC/TM protocol

Jonathan Michel

Oct 29, 2020, 5:37:51 AM10/29/20
to F´ Community Group
I'm currently considering using F' as a flight software for a CubeSat. By comparating it with cFS, I found that cFS uses CCSDS packets. However I was not able to have such information with F'.

How are we supposed to deal with that on F' ? Can the framework be used with any protocol? In my case, if I want to use PUS packets, will I have to make a custom implementation ?

lestarch

Oct 29, 2020, 12:08:02 PM10/29/20
to F´ Community Group
Typically how this is done is to replace the Svc/GroundInterface component's implementation with one that uses your packet format.  We are working to make this simpler in the future, but haven't gotten there yet.  I will agree, we need a document to describe this process.  I'll take that action.

F´ uses an custom format between the FSW and ground in order to be simple and easy to use for testing.  Each project's requirements for operational communication are different so we leave it up to the project to implement their packeting scheme as the choose. This usually involves re-implementing the ground interface and communication components (SocketIpDriver for example) for their specific setup.

-Michael

Jonathan Michel

Oct 29, 2020, 2:59:43 PM10/29/20
to F´ Community Group
Thank you for your response. I'll take a look more in detail in the code. And indeed a document describing this process could be great ! Do you have any idea the time it could ask to write it ?

Best, Jonathan

Jocelyn Kevorkian

Jun 11, 2021, 3:31:44 AM6/11/21
to F´ Community Group
Hi Jonathan,

Have you found a solution to your issue ? I would be interested in using TC/TM too.

Thanks !