Is there any way to generate a *source* package?

tipe...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2018, 9:41:59 PM7/28/18
to fpm-users
Hello!

I was wondering if there was any way of generating a *source* package using fpm. For instance, when I run "fpm -s python -t deb requests", I get a "python-requests_2.19.1_all.deb" file. But I would rather get something like this: https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/requests/tree/master/debian .

In other words, I'm more interested in using fpm to help me create a new package for my distribution (something that I could push upstream), than I am in actually installing packages.

Did I miss an option that would make fpm spit out the source files and not generate an actual package?

Regards,
Cyril.