Error In converting from rpm to solaris pkg in ubuntu 14.04 LTS 3

Upendra Datt

Feb 17, 2017, 8:13:56 AM2/17/17
to fpm-users
Hi
I am trying to convert an rpm package to Solaris package in ubuntu 14.04 LTS 3.

i am running the command as

fpm -s rpm -t solaris -v 1  ./<my-rpm-file>.rpm

it gives Error as ...
- /usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0@global/gems/fpm-1.8.1/lib/fpm/package/solaris.rb:67:in `popen': No such file or directory - pkgproto (Errno::ENOENT)

Please help

Thanks.

Daniel Jay Haskin

Feb 17, 2017, 2:22:54 PM2/17/17
to fpm-...@googlegroups.com

The error message means you don’t have the program ‘pkgproto’ installed on the machine. In order to convert between rpm and solaris, you need solaris packaging tools and rpm installed on the same box. You should probably do whatever you’re doing on a solaris box, where pkgproto may be installed by default. I don’t know though, I’m not an expert on Solaris.

From: <fpm-...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Upendra Datt <upendr...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, February 17, 2017 at 6:13 AM
To: fpm-users <fpm-...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [fpm-users] Error In converting from rpm to solaris pkg in ubuntu 14.04 LTS 3