looking for a tool like fpm but for querying packages

Joakim Verona

Mar 29, 2017, 4:13:31 AM3/29/17
to fpm-users
Hello,

I have been using fpm to make packages, which is working great.

Now I'm looking for a tool that would work the other way around. It would be a cli frontend to apt, rpm, dnf dpkg, etc,
and you could use it to install and query packages.

Does anyone know of such a tool?

It would be like "atool" which works the same way but for archives.

/Joakim

Daniel Haskin

Mar 29, 2017, 6:13:22 AM3/29/17
to fpm-users
I'm making one right now, it's called degasolv.

Currently, it can only create repositories for archives (zip files), but I'm adding support very soon so that you can use it to resolve dependencies from any packaging system -- debian, rpm, npm, etc. it's at github.com/djhaskin987/degasolv, docs at degasolv.readthedocs.io