how to create dummy rpm that depends on other rpm

Eric Deveaud

Dec 22, 2016, 12:18:10 PM12/22/16
to fpm-users
hello

let say that we have a collection of the same software A available in various version that are already packaged and available thru rpm, thank's fpm ;-)
and we want ot hav a dummy packag that only relies on a specified version, thus will force the installation of the required version of A.

eg we have a collection of rpm that follow this naming scheme

gensoft-A-1.0
gensoft-A-1.1
gensoft-A-2.0
and so on....

we would like to create a rpm let say named "default-A" that will only depends on gensoft-A version x

using rpmbuild we are abble to do the following

using this specfile
Name:	        default-A
Version:	1
Release:	0
License:	Dummy License
Packager:	edev...@xxx.fr
Vendor:		IP
Group:		gensoft
URL:		http://no.uri.provided
Requires:	gensoft-A-1.0
BuildArch:	noarch

%description
install default gensoft A package.

%files

%changelog

then
rpmbuild -bb specfile

is there a way to achieve the same using fpm ?

the goal is to provide our user the possibility to install as much versions of A they want and to have a default version that when installed will install gensoft-A-1.0 for example.

thanks

Eric