CI with Sage

Martin R. Albrecht

Jun 27, 2020, 11:43:49 AM6/27/20
to Fplll-Devel, Matthias Koeppe
Hi all,

What’s your view on

https://github.com/fplll/fplll/pull/433

I’m personally inclined not to merge this one because

- The long testing time
- The dependency on a “private” repo: “mkoeppe/sage”
- I’m not sure FPLLL’s CI should depend on Sage
- If things break we don’t necessarily have access to machines/expertise to fix things (on Cygwin or ARM)

Thoughts?

I’ve CCed Matthias who sent the PR.

Cheers,
Martin

--

_pgp: https://keybase.io/martinralbrecht
_www: https://malb.io

Martin R. Albrecht

Jul 2, 2020, 5:32:18 AM7/2/20
to Fplll-Devel, Matthias Koeppe
Hi all,

Okay, that takes care of one of my reservations. The long waiting time is still an issue of concern for me. One thing that would be great, though, would be to push it manually pre-release. I guess that’s kind of achieved by triggering only on tags.

Another point to consider: if we’re using GH Actions for this, should we switch over to those completely? To ease the (mental) maintenance burden?

Cheers,
Martin