format of IP file

ab le

Aug 27, 2017, 10:18:06 AM8/27/17
to fping-users
Hi, I'm working with
fping -c 5 -ef servers.tx

but I'm not sure how to format the file "servers.txt" Comma separating the IPs causes an error. Should it just be space separated, or tab, or one on each line? So I have to terminate each IP with a ;, /, or something?

Also, what if there's a specific port to be pinged on a server. I tried xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx. Fping didn't like that. Does protocol matter at all. So if I'm pinging a set of VPN IPs that use 1194 for UDP and 443 for TCP, does it matter?

Any help please?

David Schweikert

Aug 28, 2017, 3:30:34 PM8/28/17
to ab le, fping-users
Hi,

The file format is one hostname or IP address per line. Note that you shouldn't specify any port number, because fping only does ICMP probes...

Cheers
David