How to branch wire to 2 parts?

KT Chiam

May 9, 2024, 11:44:54 AMMay 9
to FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre
Hi,

icestudio is superb. however, I am facing problem to connect 1 source signal to 2 destinations. For example, i want to wire clk to 2 parts. when click with mouse, it can only drag the line, but not create a branch wire.

Please advise.

Thank you.
KT

charli va

May 9, 2024, 11:57:29 AMMay 9
to fpga-wars-explora...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Could you send us an screenshot, to understand well , what are you doing?

--
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre" de Grupos de Google.
Para cancelar la suscripción a este grupo y dejar de recibir sus mensajes, envía un correo electrónico a fpga-wars-explorando-el...@googlegroups.com.

KT Chiam

May 9, 2024, 12:16:20 PMMay 9
to FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre
Hi Charliva,

Please see attached video capture and screen capture. I want to connect '1' to /Clr and /Load pins. It's difficult to use mouse to connect the lines. Even if I can connect it, it will not work after upload. if I connect 1 to 1 (insert 4 x '1' and connect each '1' to 1 pin), then it works.

Thank you.

KT

Connect True to 2 pins.mp4
connect True to 2 pins.png

Democrito

May 9, 2024, 6:05:01 PMMay 9
to FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre
Hi KT,

You have to move the mouse cursor to the output pin, then the mouse cursor will turn into a large "+" sign. When that large "+" sign appears, you can make one or more connections to other inputs.

I'll leave you with an animated GIF so you can see it. In other cases, if you click on any cable, what happens is that you modify the cable, being able to modify it only vertically and horizontally.

In the animated GIF, I also show how to delete any cable. You have to hover over a cable and wait for an red "x" to appear, when that red "x" appears, you have to click on that red "x" and you will delete the cable.

If you have moved the cable, you will see that a green "x" also appears. To return to the initial state of that cable you have to click on the green "x".

two wires.gif

If you still have problems, comment and I will try to be more explicit.

Greetings.

Democrito

May 9, 2024, 7:29:31 PMMay 9
to FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre
Hello again KT,

I am attaching an ICE with your circuit working. It is necessary to put a prescaler, that is, something that lowers the frequency of the board (which usually goes to MHz) and can be observed at human frequency.

The prescaler I used is approximately 500 ms (half a second).

example with prescaler.png

I am using an "Alhambra II" FPGA. If you are using another FPGA board you must be careful when loading the circuit.

If you are not using an "Alhambra II" FPGA, you will see that you have two options "Load" and "Convert". If your board is not "Alhambra II" you have to click on the "Convert" option and then you have to redefine the outputs, that is, put/choose the output of the LEDs on your board again.

If you have had problems with this, tell me what your board is and I will send you the ICE configured with your board so you don't have problems with this.

Greetings.
74163_ICE_test.ice

Democrito

May 9, 2024, 7:36:46 PMMay 9
to FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre
I attached the same circuit but so you can see it better, I explicitly added the "CLK" input.

Don't worry about understanding this part now. Now what matters is that it works for you.
74163_ICE_test_2.ice

charli va

May 10, 2024, 12:39:10 AMMay 10
to fpga-wars-explora...@googlegroups.com
Hello! Indeed, there are behaviors that we still have to work on because they are natural and the application does not support them.

At the moment you cannot join ports  to ports on the same side of the block, for example what you are trying to do initially.

Joining from destination to source is supported.

If you want to join the output of block "1" to several inputs, always drag from the start of the output of 1 to the corresponding destination.

If I haven't explained myself well or you can't figure it out, tell me and I'll try to record a video for you.

Greetings!

KT Chiam

May 10, 2024, 12:39:47 AMMay 10
to fpga-wars-explora...@googlegroups.com
Hi Democrito,

Thank you very much for your help! I'm able to branch out the wire now. This is getting more exciting!

Best Regards,
KT

On Fri, 10 May 2024 at 07:36, Democrito <spo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I attached the same circuit but so you can see it better, I explicitly added the "CLK" input.

Don't worry about understanding this part now. Now what matters is that it works for you.

--
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito a un tema del grupo "FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre" de Grupos de Google.

Best Regards,
KT Chiam

KT Chiam

May 10, 2024, 12:39:51 AMMay 10
to FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre
Hi Democrito,

Thank you very much ! It's working perfectly !

Best Regards,
KT